jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Can you love someone you've never met before?

1. lilmissmeg profile image60
    lilmissmegposted 5 years ago

Can you love someone you've never met before?

You know everything about this person, youve seem pictures and skyped them, but you havent met each other in person.

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Yes it is possible to form an emotional bond with someone you have never met in person. In fact long ago people were known to fall in love with "pen pals" or through "love letters".
    The world was a lot less cynical back then and everyone assumed the person they were dealing with was being honest about themselves and their intentions. In this day and age we are bombarded with nightmare stories about people who got scammed, ripped off, or hurt emotionally/physically by people they met online.
    However I tend to remind people that it's not where or how you meet but (who) you meet that counts! The Internet/online dating or whatever is just a "tool" for meeting other people. To blame your bad dating experiences on the Internet would the equivalent of having an obese person blame their weight gain on a fork!
    A fork can be used to eat a garden salad or a huge slice of double fudge chocolate cake. The tool (fork/Internet) doesn't make decisions.
    Each of us (chooses) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.

lilmissmegposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I really liked the metaphor you used and i totally agree with you! Thanks for the answer!

3. PurvisBobbi44 profile image81
    PurvisBobbi44posted 5 years ago

One may become infatuated online, Skype, over the phone or mail---but to really love someone--- I feel you need to know them first.

Knowing is being around the person, being aware of their likes and dislikes, personality, temperament, faith or not, stability and how this person treats you and others in person.

1. dashingscorpio profile image86
      dashingscorpioposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Love is a (feeling) or (emotion). It may not be wise to open your heart to someone you have yet to meet but I don't think just because you have not been around them means your (feelings) aren't "real". People have reportedly fallen "in love" online!

4. beckysue33 profile image65
    beckysue33posted 5 years ago

Yes you must get to know someone. It is difficult to fall inlove with someone you have never met.

lilmissmegposted 5 years agoin reply to this

But why is that?

working