jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Where would you consider to be the most romantic place in the world to propose m

1. one2get2no profile image83
    one2get2noposted 6 years ago

Where would you consider to be the most romantic place in the world to propose marriage.

This can be answered by either a female or a male.

2. profile image0
    rmcleveposted 6 years ago

I think it is sweet when people get engaged where they first met or went on a date. I also like the thought of being proposed to in a very beautiful, natural environment.

3. Sage in a Cage profile image77
    Sage in a Cageposted 6 years ago

I think the key is to find the most romantic place for the individual couple in question rather than thinking of a generic romantic environment. Assuming it is the guy who is making the proposal, I think women really appreciate men who remember the little details in relationships (first kisses, her favourite places). Choosing a location that carries some subtle meaning to just the couple can be a very personal place to propose - the place they first met, a place she had specifically mentioned is beautiful, a place signifying the future to come. The key is to make it personal. Men often assume romance involves heart-shaped objects, rose petals, candles or the like when, in reality, simple meaningful gestures go a lot further to impress women.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Romantic is more often than not a state of mind rather than a place. Sure there are lots of beautiful places in the world one could go to in order to propose.
    However most people want to choose a place that (means something) special or is unique to their relationship. (ie: Where they met, the first place they went out to dinner, a picnic at their favorite park,or on a special holiday such as New Year's Eve, Valentines...etc) These locations or dates are easy to visit or connect to. Where as getting engaged while on some tropical island or in another country you may not revisit for many years to come creates a sort of emotional distance to the event.
    Some people make a special candlelight dinner at home or serve their mate breakfast in bed...etc Remember (how) you propose is just as important if not more so than (where) you propose.

working