jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What does love mean to you ?

1. snigdhal profile image60
    snigdhalposted 5 years ago

What does love mean to you ?

I would like to specify that I speak of love between lovers and not parents or siblings . Is it selfless or selfish ? KIndly be as explicit as you can with examples if possible smile .

2. moiponetsoka profile image71
    moiponetsokaposted 5 years ago

love to me compromising,understading,caring,honesty,love and mostly loyalty to each other.

3. jaredbangerter profile image84
    jaredbangerterposted 5 years ago

Love is a means for insecure people to find acceptance from others.  It is an illusion.  In reality you love how the person makes you feel about yourself - not the person.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Dating, marriage, or being in a relationship is a (choice).
    We tend to fall in love with those who (make us feel good) when we are with them.
    Inherently I suppose being happy means (getting what you want) which might be considered “selfish” in the eyes of some people. However it is unhealthy to love someone who does NOT love you. In order for him or her to be “the one” they must also see you as being “the one”.  In order to have a healthy relationship with others you must first love yourself enough to be (selective) with whom you become emotionally invested. "Selfless or unconditional love" is reserved for parents and God. The majority of other loving relationships come with "deal breakers" or out clauses. Each of us is allowed to determine our own.
    Love to me is finding someone who wants what you want, naturally agrees with you on the major things in life, and feels just as passionate about you as you do for them.

5. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

my definition is it's accepting another person exactly as he/she is, without any wish or attempt to change the person to suit yourself.

working