jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What vital factor do men look for in a prospective wife?

1. Anjili profile image83
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

What vital factor do men look for in a prospective wife?

2. mathira profile image83
    mathiraposted 5 years ago

The most important factor any man looks for in his wife is her attentive care, as a man always seeks a mother in his wife.

Anjiliposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Does she have to resemble his mother in looks or in attitude and action? Oedipus factor?

3. alancaster149 profile image86
    alancaster149posted 5 years ago

Some men look for women who remind them of their mothers. Others look for women who are diametrically opposed to their mother-image - usually ending up in firework displays somewhere along the way - and a greater number(probably) look for women they'll like the look of, pure and simple.
    (If parents are involved, as in arranged marriages, then poor 'Jack' has to find something he likes in what he gets).
    Personally I found someone who neither resembled me in temperament nor reminded me of my mother, although she was only sixteen days younger than I am. So there are similarities between us in some respects. We share some interests, and are on the same 'plane'. Better still, we give one another 'room to breathe', i.e., she jets off to faraway places to see our son and younger daughter and I look after the pets, and from time to time I 'gun' down the A1 in the direction of Yorkshire and look up kith and kin (friends and family). Sometimes Kath comes with me and somebody else looks after the household 'critters'. She'll probably come with me more often now I've got a Discovery (more comfy and less noisy than the old Series III 'Landie' that was stolen when I stopped off for a pint on my way home). She's clever, does talks on London to social groups in the eastern London area. But we don't agree on Shakespeare. I still reckon Christopher Marlowe wrote the work and 'Will' plagiarised it!

Anjiliposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I love your perspective towards life and the way you get by. Nice response.

working