Do you think online relationship are good? how have your experiences been online

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)
  1. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Do you think online relationship are good? how have your experiences been online?

I am not asking just about romantic involvement this is about friendships too...

2. BobbiRant profile image59
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

I have had good luck.  I married the guy I met in a chat room 12 years ago.  Working out just fine so far. You have to use your own discretion.

3. nightwork4 profile image62
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

i met my wife online sort of. it's a long story but the end result is that we both seem to believe we are perfect for each other. she's everything i want and need so i guess it can happen online.

4. ezzy1512 profile image60
    ezzy1512posted 13 years ago

Online relationship is perfect. I have made friends online and we are having a cordial relationship with each other.

5. Right On Time profile image60
    Right On Timeposted 13 years ago

No way. I mean you never know about people online.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years ago

I'm . . . . . sadly rather in love with one woman who I only know online, she's my closest friend, and gets to hear all of those things that I don't tell people that I know in the "real world."  She lives well over a thousand miles from me.  If it weren't for her. . . . I'd have spent a lot more time doing things that I ought not be doing.

Now, the question is, when and if the time comes when It's convenient to go meet her, will that ruin it?  I don't know.

7. Darknlovely3436 profile image69
    Darknlovely3436posted 13 years ago

I must indeed say that I am one of the lucky ones, I met this wonderful man on a dating site, and it been wonderful for the past 3 years now
    and so far so good, I also introduce him to my family, and they love him a lot, however, some online relationship can turned out perfect.(everyone on line is not out to get you, in a bad way.)however, be very careful with whom you react with, there are some good stories, and also some bad ones.  so my experiences with online relationship is wonderful in both finding love, and making some wonderful friends.

8. profile image0
    Edliraposted 13 years ago

Worked out fine for me. Though my relationship was and started as friendship (I met my husband in a panpal site and we wrote for a while before we found out we wanted to be more than friends) since none of us was looking for romance.

9. Iontach profile image68
    Iontachposted 13 years ago

A romantic relationship PURELY online won't work, but if you meet someone online and them meet up with them in real life it can be great! I met some great people online, and myself and my current are getting on great! We met online and are going strong.

I also have a friend online, who i've never met and we are great friends!
    To sum it up, purely online friendships can work, but not purely online romantic relationships.

10. faria_lupin profile image60
    faria_lupinposted 13 years ago

yes,online relationship are good but to some extent not for love relation i gues ...i had many friends from net and  they were nice with me...i spent lots of time with them....we shared lots os thing together....and i must say that i'm the most luckiest girl

11. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 13 years ago

Interesting reading the answers here.  Obviously it works for some people.

I get quite a few questions from people... I have 7 YouTube channels.

I get hate mail too.  I post videos and write about controversial things.  Most of the hate mail is from the devout Christians.  Bless their hearts... so devoted to their beliefs.

I'm old and not looking for a relationship.  It's all I can do to get through the physical pain most days.  I have very severe arthritis which started a few years ago.

Keeping busy helps.

12. angel115707 profile image61
    angel115707posted 13 years ago

+/- really.... I think its ok, but often people create a virtual reality... what they want to be, rather than who they really are... and though some become real relationships, others are stunted because of people who feel better hiding their flaws, and pretending to be something the are not, their poop doesn't stink, online, but in reality, they are just like everyone else....  and often times you are befriending a total liar, who is on purpose using fake photos etc.... (web cam is good to help w/ that)
      there are still stalkers and rapists constantly searching for easy prey...
      there is also the risk of everything you do being recorded and used against you, you wouldn't believe the stories i have heard, of guys showing videos of girls naked, and even real girlfriends, they record w/ their cells during sex, and show the world... no privacy literally and black male is easy....
       I say do so at your own risk, and be careful, emotions are fickle, and temporary, and can get you into real trouble...

13. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

Online relationship works.  Although it has not happened to me yet, you know the "and they live happily ever after," I have met a couple of wonderful guys but they were just not the ones I'm looking for.  As some of the answers here say, online relationships had worked for them.  I also know a few people who had met their spouses or partners online and they are very happy.  I belong to a dating/friendship site, where we can be friends with people around the world.  I have made so many wonderful friends there, men and women.  And we share our experiences and learn from each other.  The first time I ever met a guy for coffee, I had received so many advice on how to meet someone online for the first time like the first thing to do is exchange ID so you know the person you are meeting is the person you know online.  The other is meeting in a very public place, like just meeting for coffee.  It works for me.  I don't meet a guy in person unless we've been friends in our site for a while.  I have met wonderful guys, about 5 in two years.  I went on a second date twice.  First impression is very important for me.. if there is no chemistry, I don't give it another chance.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm happy being by myself so I'm not desperate.  I had two relationships but they were not meant to be.  It's true there are a lot of pretenders and liars out there, so one has to be careful.  But there are also wonderful people out there.. so for those who haven't tried online dating.. go for it.. just be very very careful.  It's a jungle out there.  I hope this helps a little.

Have a nice day,
    Rosie

14. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

I think it's risky! There may be times when it works out...but how can you really get to know someone who you cannot verify anything they are telling you! You have no idea if they look like what they are telling you!

I'm sure it works out from time to time... but I think it's risky! There are far too many weirdos out there who are good at playing the good guy or girl! They pretend to be something they aren't and some are serial killers!

I would be very weary of people online! I wouldn't take everything they say as gospel truth! I would look at everything with skepticism until it could be proved otherwise just to be on the safe side!

15. V@L@R!E M profile image53
    V@L@R!E Mposted 13 years ago

no, alot of times the person doesnt have the same personality as they seem to come off online as. and sometimes people arnt who they say they are, or even you could know someone by fase but someone hacked into there online case, so no that is a very bad idea!

16. FortuneCookieProj profile image57
    FortuneCookieProjposted 13 years ago

This isn't exactly the same, but kind of. My husband was deployed for a year, and it that basically was an "online relationship". All we had to communicate was IM. One of my very closest friends I met online when I was around 15. Our lives are busy (and very different) but we try to communicate at least once a month. I think communicating online creates greater bonds in relationships. You really do get to know people better then face to face. All you have is words.

17. lookatmenow profile image60
    lookatmenowposted 13 years ago

hahha lol i had one of these when i was 16...i thought it was so real..but it probably wont last unless you actually meet them. or maybe webcam is enough for you

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)