jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is hoping and praying for a solution a waste of time.

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
    BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago

Is hoping and praying for a solution a waste of time.

If your going through a difficult time in your life and the best advice is, to work through time is a great healer. Why bother hoping and praying that a solution will come to you.

2. rgalloway56 profile image87
    rgalloway56posted 5 years ago

Praying is never a waste of time.  But you have to work along WITH your prayers to show God that you are doing everything possible.  Hoping is never a waste of time either, but ask friends for feedback, then maybe change your strategy.

If you have been praying for a solution for quite some time, and you don't feel like you are getting an answer, maybe try changing the prayer.  Instead of asking Him for a solution, ask Him to help you cope with any outcome, regardless of the results. 

This is what I do.  My prayers are ALWAYS heard, I know because, they are always answered.  I don't always LIKE the answer, and when I don't, I ask for help to cope with the answer I am given.
    Hope this helps.

3. LouLou617 profile image63
    LouLou617posted 5 years ago

Hoping and praying is a form of building yourself up mentally to face a problem or come up with a solution. So, no, hoping and praying is not useless. It is your time of reflection when usually you make up your mind. Hoping and praying can also be thought of as "listening to your heart." Just my opinion.

4. mcgreg28 profile image61
    mcgreg28posted 5 years ago

Hoping and praying brings comfort and motivation. After you have become comforted and motivated you can find the strength to find an appropriate solution to whatever it is that trouble you

5. mackyi profile image67
    mackyiposted 5 years ago

Because it was written in the Bible in Hebrews, Chapter 11 verse 1 " Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen", hoping and praying for a solution is definitely not a waste of time. You just have to exercise patience.

working