Marriage/financial advice please

1. profile image47
    jade3sweetposted 5 years ago

Marriage/financial advice please

As a wife, what should I do if I have a job trying to get two and my husband doesn't work at all and we live with his mother who doesn't work either. And were all struggling. Any advice because I come from a family that has money and  its very hard to Get used to this lifestyle. What do I do because I am really stressed. I would very much appreciate Christian advice as well. Thank you

2. teyeger82 profile image76
    teyeger82posted 5 years ago

This is tough...are they not working because they cannot find a job? Or is it because they are lazy? If you are living with his mother, then she might have some expectation that by working to support all of you, you are paying rent to her and therefore she does not need to work. As for your husband, unless there is some good reason, he should most definitely be working. If he cannot find regular employment, there are all kinds of day labor places. The pay is not great but at least it might help put some food on the table. Remember that the Lord does not put more on you than you can handle. Ask for his guidance. It is hard to know what to do in such a situation. Do you stay and continue to support them? Or, do you go and leave it to them to support themselves? Perhaps if you left for a while, it would wake them up when they did not have your income to count on. I wish you well, I know this must be a difficult situation.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

My advice to people is always start off with determining what it is (you) truly want. Just for a little while stop thinking in terms about what your mate is not doing or what his mother is not doing. It's a waste of time and energy! After all the only person you can control is yourself. So I ask you; What do YOU want? Is the lack of money the "real issue" between you and your husband? Or are you "too different" when it comes to having goals, desires, and dreams for the marriage? If you won $10 Million in the lotto would you be happy to give him his 50% and go your separate ways.... Do you see you honestly see your husband as being the man you are "madly in love with" and want to spend the rest of your life? Do you secretly regret choosing him to be your husband? Do you love him as "he is" or would he have to "change" in order for you to be happy??? Ultimately we are all looking for someone who will love and accept us as we are. There is no "right" or "wrong" for the most part in relationships. There is only "agree" or "disagree". The best relationships are between people who (naturally agree) on the major things in life.
    Does your husband have the same prioties for the marriage as you?
    There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships. We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have.
    Only you can decide what is a "deal breaker" for you. If you are interested in further exploring what I have to say you may want to check out my book. "My Cat Won't Bark! (A Relationship Epiphany) … amp;sr=1-1
    Best of luck!