jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

My friends ex made a pass at me, should I tell her?

1. Ellana317 profile image78
    Ellana317posted 5 years ago

My friends ex made a pass at me, should I tell her?

2. BestCrispAir profile image81
    BestCrispAirposted 5 years ago

Ask yourself this question: If my ex made a pass at a friend, would I want to know? If the answer is yes, you need to let go of your feelings for the ex. Once the relationship is over, s/he is free to go, do, and be whatever they want, without your input.
    Your friends should not be made to feel uncomfortable with someone from your past. It is your past, and it could be their present. Let it go and move on.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I don't understand why you would need to tell her. As I understand the question, it is her ex so why would she be interested in what he does.  I would just let it go, ignore him and forget about it.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

What would be the point in telling her? If you aren't interested in him then you reject him. If you are interested you might ask your friend if she is okay with you going out with him. Keep in mind for a lot of people friends dating exes is a no-no.
    It's a free country. Your friend has no control over who her ex hits on. They both are free to pursue relationships or whatever with anyone they choose. Unless your goal is to upset your friend or stir up some drama/negative thoughts....There is no "up side" to telling her.

5. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

You are a beautiful woman, Ellana, I am sure men make passes at you all the time. Do you tell your girl-friend about each and every time a man hits on you? Probably not.

You never told us if you liked the "pass". You never told us if you liked the guy. If you don't like him and he has no chance with you...why tell, unless to invoke trivial conversation or to prove your allegiance to her? I mean, if you want to that's fine, but what is there to gain?

Now, if you kinda like him...then, yes, I would tell her to see how this makes her feel, and it would not only be the friendly thing to do, but it would be honorable thing to do as well.

Good luck to you and tell us how it goes.  :0)

Ellana317posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You bring up a really good point.  I wanted to edit the question to add more details but it was pass to time limits.  I am in NO way interested in the ex, not attracted to him, and wouldn't consider it.  He is actually married.

6. stricktlydating profile image80
    stricktlydatingposted 5 years ago

I'd tell my best friend, because there's such a closeness between us, but if it wasn't her ex I wouldn't worry about telling the friend as it could be upsetting and cause tension.

7. lostdogrwd profile image61
    lostdogrwdposted 5 years ago

why. men and woman hit on one another and nothing happen. to do that is just rubbing it in her face and make you look bad to her.let sleeping dogs sleep for if awaken you can get bitten

Ellana317posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hummmm... Interesting perspective on this.  I definitely don't want to cause friction as we have an absolutely wonderful friendship and he's not even someone I'd consider in the first place.  Thanks for your input.

working