jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What makes "love" go wrong? and What really happened?

1. sroberts9 profile image81
    sroberts9posted 5 years ago

What makes "love" go wrong? and What really happened?

In relationships what goes wrong?  What's really happened?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I don't believe love itself ever goes wrong. However since we are all human it is likely we make mistakes from time to time and become emotionally invested in the wrong person. The number one cause for divorce or breakups is selecting the wrong mate. We do this when we don't know ourselves well or we ignore the tiny voice inside of us trying to warn us. Opposites may attract in the short run but it's like that attracts in the long run. Ultimately we are all looking for someone who (naturally agrees) with us on the major things in life including relationship goals. Relationships end when one or both people realize they no longer want the same things.
    There is no amount of "communication" or "work" that can overcome being with someone who does not want what you want.

3. lupine profile image72
    lupineposted 5 years ago

First of all, attraction, or love, usually begins when we like what we see and hear. This is superficial, from there it can  develope into a deeper relationship, but it takes time. When you get to know the person better,  it can go right or wrong. In answer to your question here are the reasons it could go "wrong": relationship becomes boring, no longer attracted, not being truthful, finding someone you like better, etc. I agree with the other answer, love is never wrong, only the wrong relationship. An old saying:  "It's better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all" not sure who said it.

4. Nikki Major profile image60
    Nikki Majorposted 5 years ago

If we went into a relationship choosing to love one another rather than based on feelings, we could do away with some of the mistakes that we make. when we choose to love someone, we go into the relationship knowing this person isn't perfect and they will eventually get on our nerves in someway. when we go into relationships, it often starts out as romantic love.

Eventually, Romantic love fades. NOow, we become faced with a choice to keep loving someone. so, if we start of saying, "hey i kniw you're not perfect and eventually you're gonna get on my nerves, but i choose to love you anyway", you have prepared your heart and mind for the hard times. We need more volitional and unconditional love. It's what God has for us.