jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Do you like a Clingy or Independent partner?

1. lezsaysit profile image60
    lezsaysitposted 5 years ago

Do you like a Clingy or Independent partner?

2. yssubramanyam profile image61
    yssubramanyamposted 5 years ago

i want one life partner. the question is very short.

lezsaysitposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi,
           One life partner is an understandable preference. What I am referring to is a trait. Some partners like  al lot attention, while others want their space. Thanks for responding. I hope i cleared it up.

3. profile image0
    mjkearnposted 5 years ago

Hi lezsaysit,
    personally I think it's very important for each partner to have a degree of independence. Each has to have their own separate interests or activities or simply each's own time. Sharing most things is good but being too clingy I think can affect the relationship.

Myself and my partner work together but we each have our own little treats if you like. I like to go and play with my bikes and cars and she likes to get her hair done or  go out with her girl friends.

I think this is necessary for later in life when unfortunately one partner will pass on before the other,

MJ.

Hi mjkearn,
      I can appreciate your perspective.
      Thanks!

4. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 5 years ago

Stop clinging to me like saran wrap!

My husband, needs and deserves his own interests................and quite frankly, male readers.....................so , do I..........

We are partners in life.........not Siamese twins.

5. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

Independent absolutely. I need "me time" so my boyfriend better find hobbies and activities to do so he isn't bothering me, texting me, or calling me to check and make sure I still love him. (My sister had a boyfriend like that.)

My boyfriend and I are pretty good together. We both do our own thing during the day and come home and have dinner and hang out together at night, but sometimes we do our own thing then too.

I like having a boyfriend that doesn't freak out when I spontaneously decide to go on a road trip with my friends. I like a boyfriend that doesn't mind if I'm gone for a week on vacation without him.

Sounds like you have the right amount of trust in your relationship. Thanks nochance!

working