jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How did you decide on how many children you want to have?

1. Jennifer Madison profile image89
    Jennifer Madisonposted 5 years ago

How did you decide on how many children you want to have?

Some make their decision based on their financial situation, others based on their choice of career. How did you decide on the number of children you want to have?

2. houseofjcjee profile image78
    houseofjcjeeposted 5 years ago

Financial situation was the primary factor when we decided to limit our children to three, at the most. We also considered our age because we were already in our thirty's when we got married. If we will have children and have several years of gap between them, they will only be in their teens when we reach our senior years and retirement. Of course, we do not want to have such age gap!

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I believe the responsible thing to do is consider one's financial situation not only today but their future prospects as well. It is just as important to make sure that you and the other parent are committed to doing everthing in your power to provide a loving home which will nuture the child's self-esteem, provide an education, and prepare them to become a self-reliant responsible contributing adult. One of the best gifts you can give a child is making sure that their other parent is someone who wants the best for them.
    On a personal note I have never felt the internal need or desire to have children. Therefore I chose not to have them. It goes without saying anyone who doesn't want children should not have them. I elected to have a vasectomy many years ago.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

At first when we married we didn't want to have any children.  That changed when I turned about 26--I wanted children.  Because I am an only child, I did NOT want to do that to a child of mine.  So we had two--any more and I would have lost what little mind I have.

working