jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How often do you shake your head and say yes when you're clueless as to what the

1. rutley profile image73
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

How often do you shake your head and say yes when you're clueless as to what the person just said?

You didn't hear, you didn't care, you hoped yes was the right answer, the person is a pain in the butt and you were trying to be courteous, language barriers......etc.

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Not too often. I normally say I was distracted or misunderstood them.

3. snapbackbetty profile image70
    snapbackbettyposted 5 years ago

I used to do this a lot until I found myself wondering why people held me to whatever it was that I answered yes to. Now if I didn't hear or understand u, I make sure I understand the question or statement before I agree.

4. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

I may have been guilty of this many years ago....but now-a-days....I will ask them to either repeat what they said, or ask what they meantI don't think mis-communication is a positive thing....so I try not to let it happen any more.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

The person isn't a pain in the butt however, the gal I am thinking of is very soft spoken and we have had a fan on in the office.  So most of what she said to me yesterday was garbled to my ears.  She was smiling, so I smiled and nodded right back.  Wonder what I agreed to??

6. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

Must of the time I will tell them that I can not understand what they are saying.  I hate when they turn into a pain.

7. catgypsy profile image79
    catgypsyposted 5 years ago

Haha...this is so funny! I have done this many times, usually when I've exhausted a way to either figure out what they said or can't hear them because they speak so quietly. After awhile you just have to give up on it and smile and nod! Glad to know I'm not the only one who does this.

working