jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it possible to become too comfortable in a relationship?

1. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Is it possible to become too comfortable in a relationship?

Quite a few people look forward to being able to "relax" in a relationship. No more jumping through hoops to "impress" a new date....But is it taking it to the extreme (using the bathroom with the door open, farting or belching on purpose, picking their nose, cutting toe nails at the coffee table, flossing in the living room, wearing pajamas from sun up to sun down and so on. Is being able to do what you want without considering what your mate thinks proof that you have a loving relationship? Does it effect romance and intimacy in a relationship?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7007080_f260.jpg

2. Super Lux profile image61
    Super Luxposted 5 years ago

i believe so.  if you've found the person who you know will accept you flaws and all.

3. unknown spy profile image74
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

Been on a relationship for 6 years and taken things to the extreme too. we are just soo comfortable with each other that we think we just share 1 life. we both love to do things that could make us laugh. we do what we want, I guess we love each other so much that the word turn-off has been erased in our vocabulary. I guess im so lucky

4. Captainausume profile image60
    Captainausumeposted 5 years ago

Comfortable? No. Crude and/or boring? Yes! While you need to be comfortable enough to show your partner your face sans make up or after a long cry, there is no need for them to see you doing your business in the bathroom. Not even your doctor wants to watch that (even if they must study the aftermath.) However, I believe there are several factors you have to become comfortable with in order to be considered "Veterans" in the relationship world. One) Your feet will smell sometimes. Two) You both pass gas. Three) Sometimes both of you can be a$$holes.

working