jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

What is the best way to deal with child snatching to Muslim countries?

1. Mazzy Bolero profile image77
    Mazzy Boleroposted 5 years ago

What is the best way to deal with child snatching to Muslim countries?

Today's Daily Mail has a heartbreaking story of a young British boy who has been basically kidnapped by his late father's family and is not allowed to return to his mom, who has been told to forget him.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … Qatar.html
    Their country's courts protect them.  Some people say send in the SAS, some say private "rescuers" should be hired, others recommend diplomacy - but he's been there for two years.  This happens every so often to kids from the west. What should be done?

2. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

The only thing thay might be effective is that the countries' diplomats become involved. But I'm afraid the muslim religion is really a wall too high to climb, too thick to penetrate. I know of a Greek woman (wrote a book) who was an airhostess and fell in love with an Arab in Paris. He was a true gentleman, nothing like she'd ever known. Once he took her to his home (his country), he became a differnt man. Finally, she escaped, I don't know how long afterwards, with the clothes on her back. The poor mother in the incident above must be devastated.

1. Mazzy Bolero profile image77
      Mazzy Boleroposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There are so many similar stories.  I think this is cultural, not just religious. But if other countries use religion to justify unacceptable behavior, that affects our own citizens, what should we do? Nothing?

2. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Their religion is their way of life. Tough stuff. In eastern Turkey if the woman retaliates and leaves the 'clan' they hunt her down and kill her. And the person who kills her must be her brother or her father. The change has to come from within.

3. Mazzy Bolero profile image77

The change from within isn't likely to come anytime soon. So, if it was your child, you would accept that you would never see him again?

4. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, of course not. I'd do whatever came into my mind. As a person outside the situation I don't know if there's anything that can be done other than what I've said.

5. Mazzy Bolero profile image77

It's a difficult one so thanks for answering.  I read another story where the kids couldn't come home until they were virtually grown up.

working