jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What if your partner does' not respect you?

1. ofhel profile image58
    ofhelposted 5 years ago

What if your partner does' not respect you?

2. Alaina Smith Cain profile image60
    Alaina Smith Cainposted 5 years ago

If your partner does not respect you then you have no real partnership. The question you should ask yourself is whether or not you are worthy of respect. If you are, then you will do what I suggest, if you're not then you and your partner have something you can agree on.

Now what I suggest to you is something that I am doing myself right now...I told him it was over and whenever he wanted to leave me I would wish him the best. He hasn't left yet. I also keep reminding him, under no uncertain terms, that he is not the only man to take interest in me. I'm not seeing anybody else, although he's already asked me, I'm just taking a break from men for awhile including him.

So take a timeout on the relationship to focus on what you really want from your partner, for your life, and for yourself. Spend some time alone doing something you love to do, and most importantly, cut out all sex. Abstinence is a perfect way to get your head straight. Your thinking will be clearer, you'll gain more confidence, and your partner will notice.

3. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

I would reply by asking, why would anyone stick around long enough to ask? Either the person has issues he/she is carrying around and only that person can get rid of or the person on the short end of the stick isn't showing enough respect for himself/herself (or both of these situations are true). Rule number one in any type of relationship is: learn to love and respect thy self.

4. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

Then you find a new partner who does.  Respect begins with the self, those who respect themselves as they should will not tolerate relationships with those who disrespect them.  I would suggest to this person to fix the relationship with him/herself first, so that they can open up to attracting stronger, healthier partnerships in the future.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

No respect, No relationship. The two major factors in having a good relationship are respect and trust. If you don't have both? You have nothing but a dysfunctional relationship.

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Then it is no partnership and needs to be reevaluated and maybe set aside.  If my partner did not respect me, I could not fully love them.  I deserve respect, care and kindness and give nothing less.  So if m partner treated me in any way without respect and it could not be rectified with a few conversations, I would move on.