jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is one of the sweetest things that someone ever did for you?

1. CatsPage profile image75
    CatsPageposted 5 years ago

What is one of the sweetest things that someone ever did for you?

2. dghbrh profile image78
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

The sweetest thing ever done for me is by my maid who tried to persuade one poor family to let their daughter stay with me for education. She knew that i wanted to adopt one girl child but was scared if the baby after growing up comes to know the reality she will be in what condition of mind as we have our own grown up son. No matter we will love her very much but it will be a serious situation. I always wanted to educate a needy girl and what my maid tried to do really touched me a lot. I don know the plan God has for us and the little girl. Nonetheless, but the effort is a very sweet gesture as she tried to understand my feelings.
    thanks and its a nice question indeed.

3. teyeger82 profile image77
    teyeger82posted 5 years ago

One of the sweetest things ever done for me occurred when my youngest son was in the second grade. He played Tiny Mite Pop Warner football at the time. That year on my birthday they had practice and we were sitting at the field just watching them practice. Without notice, the entire team of 7 year old boys came and stood around my chair and sang happy birthday to me. It was just very sweet!

4. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

My husband was taken ill on holiday, the owner of the cottage we were renting let us stay on with no charge. When we were going home, she said," Just pick your things up and go, leave any cleaning to me."  She was so sweet, it was much appreciated.

5. laidbacklady profile image76
    laidbackladyposted 5 years ago

When I was 18, and pregnant by my boyfriend at that time, I decided I would move to California with him. I was a Syracuse, NY native, born and raised. But I thought it was the right thing to do for the baby I was carrying.

Well, once I was out there, I realized I had made a huge mistake. The climate of our "home" out there was definitely not conducive to raising a new baby. So I called my father, who was broke, to ask for money to help me get home. He was not able to do much, although my best girlfriend did manage to send enough for Greyhound bus tickets to bring me from San Bernardino, CA to Syracuse, NY.

That was sweet in itself. However, there was very little money left over for food. This was a 4-day trip by bus, and I felt sick every day. By the time we had gotten only as far as Las Vegas, I was broke. I never said anything to anyone, but this little old black man started turning up wherever I happened to be. He was on the bus trip himself and I had not really noticed him up until that time. He basically became my guardian angel all the way across the country, from Vegas to Cleveland, OH. He bought me food whenever we stopped, and in retrospect, I don't think I ever did hear him say one word. I did not get to say goodbye to him as we had made an unscheduled stop just outside Cleveland while I was sleeping and when I woke, he was gone. But as far as I'm concerned, that is the absolute sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. smile

working