Should non-custodial parents be able to sue for being denied visitation with the

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)
  1. flacoinohio profile image81
    flacoinohioposted 6 years ago

    Should non-custodial parents be able to sue for being denied visitation with their children?

    I watched my neighbors former spouse attempt to pick up his children for his weekend visitation for seven weeks in a row.  Sometimes she would refuse to open the door, other times she would yell out of a window that he could not have the children because they were sick.  The rest of the time she would simply not be home when he came.   The former husband appears to be upset with the circumstance but is a whole lot calmer than I would be if I were in his place.  He has filed contempt of court several times but his wife is not being held accountable for her actions, he still shows up every week.

  2. WritingPrompts profile image70
    WritingPromptsposted 6 years ago

    Sounds like a good father to me. It's the kids that suffer when parents play games like this.  He should be able to do something to enforce his visitation rights.  If there is a reason he should not visit (if he's abusive or something) then she should be able to go to court and change the visitation arrangements as well.

  3. the girls profile image79
    the girlsposted 6 years ago

    I am not sure what is the court's resolution regarding visitation rights. From your story, the father frequently shows up to pick up the kids but the mother refuses most of the time. If the father has the legal right to do so, then he can seek help from the law to assert the court's ruling.

  4. Farmer Rachel profile image97
    Farmer Rachelposted 6 years ago

    I assume he has a custody/visitation order, if he is filing for contempt.

    The first thing he should do the next time he shows up at the appointed time to pick up the kids and she refuses to allow it, is call the police. They may have the authority to enfore the order. Even if they don't he will have a record of the event.

    If he has filed for contempt, there should be consequences for her blatant disregard of the custody/visitation order. If the contempt filings don't produce results, he can sue to have the custody/visitation order modified, which will at least get him in a conference with a court officer or in front of a judge (depending on what state the case is handled in).

    Considering what a POS his ex-wife is being, he ought to sue for primary custody if he's interested in having it. Courts generally don't look kindly on parents who don't follow the policy of keeping the best interests of the child(ren) as the top priority.


This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at:

Show Details
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the or domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)