Do you think child support enforcement agencies should issue monthly or quarterl

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. flacoinohio profile image79
    flacoinohioposted 8 years ago

    Do you think child support enforcement agencies should issue monthly or quarterly statements.

    I had paid child support for years without ever receiving any type of documentation form the child support enforcement agency.  I requested a payment history after 7 years of making payments and after reviewing the document, I realized there was an error and that I had over paid by several thousand dollars.  Child support is a debt, it is on a obligors credit report, CSE should be required to send a statement out letting obligors know that payment was received and if they are in arrears what their balance is and how much interest they are being charged just like any other creditor.

  2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 8 years ago

    I agree. If you are holding up to your end of the bargain they should send you a report monthly.

  3. Mom Kat profile image71
    Mom Katposted 8 years ago

    Yes they should. 
    I get child support & I get monthly statements as to how much as been paid.
    It doesn't make any sense that they wouldn't send the information to both parties.
    If anything, I'm already getting it, so I know how much I've gotten - it would make more sense to give a copy to the person paying the support.

    Also, there was a couple of times when I didn't get the amount for a given month.  When I called to see what was going on they asked me to for all of the father's information... excuse me? isn't that what they are there for?  What is it that they are doing in that government office anyway?
    So I called the father, since we are on good terms, and said that I knew it couldn't possibly be his fault because he always does such a good job making the payments... well, it was his fault.  He had forgotten to send the money that month.  He said he would send it in that week.
    The child support office charged me for "their work" in locating & obtaining the missing support!  Are you kidding me?  They did nothing & they charged both of us for it.
    The entire system needs to be fixed.  It's just crazy.

  4. Rosana Modugno profile image75
    Rosana Modugnoposted 8 years ago

    I think it should be monthly, just like any other financial statement you get in the mail.

  5. Matt Hatter profile image82
    Matt Hatterposted 8 years ago

    I'm not familiar with child support laws in particular, or the reporting policies in your state, but given how most government agencies (especially the clerks' offices), I'm fairly certain you can request a payment history when ever you need one. Further, if you're paying from your checking account, you have a history, not only of your payments, but what checks were cashed and by whom. If you're paying by Money Order, et al., you have the receipts, which I'm certain you kept as they would be evidence in any trial. wink

  6. flacoinohio profile image79
    flacoinohioposted 8 years ago

    The recipient receives a monthly statement, obligors should too, regardless of how well records are kept.  If that is the case, the recipient should just keep track of their payment receipt by just hanging on to their bank statements or by printing off their statement on line.  Even better, they should call in and request one like obligors have to.  I am sure I mentioned that one has to be requested, that was the point of the question.


This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at:

Show Details
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the or domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)