jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Have you or a friend ever not considered seeing someone romantically because of

1. Charlu profile image82
    Charluposted 5 years ago

Have you or a friend ever not considered seeing someone romantically because of their job and why?

There are some people who choose not to date, or become emotionally attached to someone because of their job or career. They either are afraid they will get hurt, the job is morally not right in their mind, or it's just not "up to their standards". Have you or a friend ever not started, or stop seeing someone because of their job, and if so what did they do?

2. Deborah Brooks profile image78
    Deborah Brooksposted 5 years ago

I have always dated who ever I wanted to.. Job or not.. I know some people do not for different reason but I had never been that way.. If you are attracted to someone I always figurted why not?

3. flashmakeit profile image69
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

I have a friend who is a preacher and he does date anyone because he is afraid of what people may say.  He just like to talk about the perfect women and I really enjoy his friendship.  As for me I like to date men who know how to repair house for obvious reasons.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

When I was single I never cared about what a woman did for a living as long as it was (legal). Most men's initial interest in a woman is based upon looks and not her career. A guy could care less if a woman is a hostess at a restaurant or surgeon as long as he thinks she is hot/attractive. The majority of men are not lookiing to be taken care of therefore a woman's career rarely come into play. I've known men who have dated every woman from welfare mothers to strippers.
    The only times men care about a woman's occupation is if he is in public office/holds some position within the community where he is expected to have and maintain a certain image or He is afraid of being cut out of the will if his parents are rich.

5. Mazzy Bolero profile image79
    Mazzy Boleroposted 5 years ago

When I was young, I refused an invite from a man because he worked in a slaughterhouse. That may sound hypocritical, as I wasn't a total vegetarian, but I felt that to be able to do that all day took a certain type of coldness.

1. freecampingaussie profile image60
      freecampingaussieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I know someone who worked in one as there was no other work and he was a kind loving person with no hint of coldness , later worked as a mobile phone salesperson  .