jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How do you know when you have met the one?

1. Anastasia Vaughan profile image71
    Anastasia Vaughanposted 5 years ago

How do you know when you have met the one?

With more than 7 billion people in the world why has it become so hard to believe that their is really someone for everyone out there? Has anyone else ever stopped and though how many times have I perhaps walked past the one and over looked him based on stray feelings.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Hopefully you have past relationship experiences on your side which has given you insight to who you are, what you want and need in a mate.  Ideally you have created your own sort of "shopping list" of traits.
    Overtime you have learned whether or not this peson has those traits. You have also determined that you both want the same things with regard to a relationship or marriage. In short you (naturally agree) on the major things in life. It is important to share the same core values.
    Last but no least there must be a strong chemistry between you and you must have the same level of love/desire for one another. The underlying definition of a soul mate is BOTH people want the same thing for the relationship and have equal and MUTUAL love for one another. In othe words your mate also has to feel he/she has found their soul mate in you. - One man's opinion!

Anastasia Vaughanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I thought I found the one and than it turned out to be messy in just getting together but no one has made me feel like him before. Is the one suppose to be single?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If you are not together or can't be together then he or she is NOT "the one". When you find "the one" it means (the search is over) for BOTH of you. Kings have abdicated their throne to be with "the one". Married people have divorced for "the one."

3. innerspin profile image93
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

Frankly, you just know. That may not be helpful, but it's true. My auntie was single, I'd never even known her to date, but at age 69 she met the love of her life and married soon after. They've been married fourteen years. She said to me she always wondered what people meant by, " You just know." Now she knows too!

Anastasia Vaughanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Did the one hesitate? Was the one single?

2. innerspin profile image93
      innerspinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

He was a widower, and just as keen as she was.

working