jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever stayed away from someone because you cared?

1. viveresperando profile image74
    viveresperandoposted 5 years ago

Have you ever stayed away from someone because you cared?

I know we learn to stay away from people or relationships that are unhealthy for us.  Have you ever stayed away from someone because you knew you were the unhealthy one and you knew it was better for them?  How do you feel about that decision now that time has passed?

2. alexatomas profile image67
    alexatomasposted 5 years ago

I honestly haven't. Not because I didn't feel that sometimes, just because it's hard to leave. It's hard to stay away, you know? Especially if the other person doesn't want you away. I think this is when you learn to adapt to that person and make it less unhealthy. Not sure I made sense...

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Yes I've done so on a couple of occasions during my college years. I went out once or twice with a couple of girls who were virgins. I knew at the time I was not looking to get into any serious relationships. I always felt a woman in particular should have sex for the first time with a guy that cares deeply for her. I knew at the time I was "just passing through".
    As for the answer to the second part of your question.... No, I've never regretted my decision.

4. Rosana Modugno profile image83
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

No.  I'm very selfish when it comes to love.  I want it, I take it.  And if you don't want to give it to me, I'll probably wait until you're asleep and take it anyway. LOL  But if I was "bad" for you, and you're still hanging around, then you must like me that way.  I go with that and run! 

Why sacrifice your happiness...and theirs?  I mean, if you're the unhealthy one but the other person doesn't want to leave, that means they are happy with you.  And you're happy with them.  Life is funny, you just never know what's around the corner.  Some great universe shift can happen and all of a sudden, you're not "bad" anymore.  Not in my case, of course but I'm just saying.  Sorry, I'm in one of those moods tonight.

Closed to reply