jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

What type of things do you do to meet members of the opposite sex?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

What type of things do you do to meet members of the opposite sex?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7418648_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

I honestly don't do anything. I just go about being myself and go about doing what needs to be done. I am not in the market for a relationship right now, but if every gal looked as pretty as the one in the picture above...I may have no recourse but to change my mind. :0)

1. tussin profile image58
      tussinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Becoming Mormon also works.  Churchy-y types always want to get married and make baybeez.

2. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Tussin...down boy...bad dog!!!

3. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
      lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

C J Sledgehammer,
      Thank you for the ever so sweet comment. You know, when you are out there being yourself you're probably more likely to meet someone who likes the things that interest you. smile
      Lisa

4. profile image0

Lisa: I just think life is too short for false pretenses. I am what I am...take it or leave it. Some people love me for who I am while others hate me for it. As Ricky Nelson said in his song, "You can't please everyone..so you gotta please yourself".

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

There are more ways to meet people then ever before. You might consider checking out meetup . com. This is (not) a dating site but rather a site for people with common interest to get together in an informal setting to exchange ideas and socialize. There are groups that meet regarding wine tasting, meditation, yoga, hiking, movie clubs, book clubs, writers, singles, dancing...etc: Just about any type of group you can imagine. In fact the site encourages you to form you own group if you're so inclined to do so. Even if you don't end up dating anyone from one of the groups you are bound to have some fun with people of similar interest.
    Generally speaking it is having a positive spirit and being happy that attracts others to us. In my book: My Cat Won't Bark! (A Relationship Epiphany) I wrote a workbook section titled "Finding your own way". I take the reader through an exercise where I have them create a detail "profile" of their ideal mate. You want to be as specific as possible including imagining their (occupation, interest/hobbies, places they would shop, neighborhood they'd live in, church they might attend, gym they'd work out in, restaurants they'd frequent, sports teams they'd follow, singers/bands concerts they'd go to see....etc Once you have all that down where you are almost in a sense (walking in their shoes).... The next step is to (Be there!)
    In other words as I wrote in my book: "One must be willing to put him or herself in places and situations where they are likely to meet the type of person they want to attract."
    Odds are very likely as CJ stated what you want is someone who is like you. Therefore (be yourself) wherever you go. Dating should be a "fun exploration" and (not a mission)! Best of luck!
    http://www.amazon.com/Cat-Wont-Bark-Rel … ap_title_0

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image75

dashingscorpio,
      Thank you for going into such detail in reference to my question about meeting people. You make it seem easy. That's inspirational. I think the "Finding your own way," section of your book really makes sense.Thank you. Lisa

4. tussin profile image58
    tussinposted 5 years ago

I dress up in girl clothes and look in the mirror and say "Hello doll-face!" I admit this has not been a successful strategy so I am open to suggestions from others.

1. profile image0

I knew it...I always knew it!!! :0)

2. lisasuniquevoice profile image75

tussin,
      It's you again.You never fail to make me laugh. Did you ever think of doing "stand up"?
      Lisa

working