jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

When is the appropiate time to give your partner a gift ?

1. torrilynn profile image81
    torrilynnposted 5 years ago

When is the appropiate time to give your partner a gift ?

Not talking about Valentine's Day but in general when your in a relationship

2. Iamsam profile image81
    Iamsamposted 5 years ago

Special occasions like Christmas, New year or a birthday can be a special day to give a gift to your partner.

But those who enjoy an intimate relationship, every time is a time to give special gifts to show your appreciation towards the partner. That means you don't have to wait for a special occasion to give a gift.

torrilynnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks @Iamsam i really appreciate your answer i was curious and always wanted to get my boyfriend a gift but didnt know exactly when. Thanks.

3. DDE profile image27
    DDEposted 5 years ago

On special occasions is a great idea or  to show appreciation at other times, something small but of sentimental value

Thanks and yeah i suppose your right starting off small and as the relationship progresses getting bigger gifts if you would like to thanks @DDE

4. Anamika S profile image55
    Anamika Sposted 5 years ago

I don't think there is any such thing as 'appropriate time to give a gift'. I don't think individuals should put any restrictions for expressing themselves. Personally, I do not believe in Valentines Day for expressing my feelings towards my love. If you ask me, every day should be a Valentines Day where the couples in relationship should express their appreciation and love. Love is not about costly gifts, it's more about caring for each other, respecting and appreciating each other. Any gesture done from the heart for the partner is a good gift in itself. If one values his/her relationship, make a point not to forget to make your partner feel special on Birthdays, Anniversaries etc.

Thanks and yeah i agree.

5. bingskee profile image74
    bingskeeposted 5 years ago

I do not think the word 'appropriate' applies because there is no such thing when you wanted to give your partner a gift. If you feel like giving him or her a gift even if there is no occasion, then it's alright.  There is no rule as to appropriateness.

Thanks for your answer.

6. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I don't think it's so much an issue of time as it is the type of gift and how emotionally connected the (other person) is towards you. Giving an expensive present to someone you barely know will either scare them or cause them to see you as someone they can use. If someone is "into you" then they are happy just being with you. Gifts are secondary.

Thank you and yes i kinda of felt the same way

working