What is your biggest Pet Peeve?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (23 posts)
  1. windygreen profile image59
    windygreenposted 11 years ago

What is your biggest Pet Peeve?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7666558_f260.jpg

2. Billie Kelpin profile image84
    Billie Kelpinposted 11 years ago

People who stand too close to me in a checkout line can make my mood go from cheerful to agitated in two seconds flat. Here in Orange County, CA it seems as if there is a great feeling of "entitlement" among the RICH.  Yes, that's right, to me, the wealthy, not those on Social Security or in need of Government aid, are those who feel the MOST entitlement in society and are unaware of others' needs, especially the need for space. Right up there as a pet peeve is loud speech. I understand that there are people with conductive hearing losses who don't realize they are speaking too loudly, but there are enough others who don't have hearing losses and, nevertheless, talk about 10 decibels above everyone else.  It really blocks out others and is offensive and uncouth to me. In general, any action that doesn't consider another person's feelings and rights, any action that shows "man's inhumanity to man" if only in a small way, is, for me,  a pet peeve.  Of course, my family could provide a long list of pet peeves they have in relation to "moi" - my rants about injustice in society, my need to plan "fun" things every time we're together, my "counseling" instead of listening.  I DO try to pick up on what annoys them about me and try to improve.  I think that's the key - to listen to the pet peeves of others and try to be more gracious in our own lives, cognizant of their needs, and respectful of them. It doesn't matter whether or not we agree that the action is a pet peeve.  What's important is that we respect that it is a pet peeve for others. I would suspect that if each of us reading your excellent question would try to change one pet peeve that some others have written, we will have made the little worlds around us run a bit more smoothly.

windygreenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

(Spoken with great attention to maintaining low tones and from a safe distance away) Great Answer !!!!!  In my house, we call our personal space "our bubble", and one must have the individual's permission to enter it.  smile

3. Mr.NGR profile image60
    Mr.NGRposted 11 years ago

When people complain about things constantly yet do nothing about anything. Well that and poor driving by people.

Chronic Complainers irritate me too... a constantly negative outlook on everyhting, with no suggestion for or hope of happy ending. My mom used to say "Stop focusing on the problem, and start focusing on solutions." I think bad drivers annoy everyone

2. Relationshipc profile image81
      Relationshipcposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This would definitely be on my list too! It is amazing how many people choose to have a victim mentality about life.

4. cre8ivOne profile image68
    cre8ivOneposted 11 years ago

Oh goodness!  I guess there are several things that are peevish to me.  Probably my biggest source of anguish comes from poor driving.  Getting cut off, almost run off the road or people trying to budge the long traffic line that everyone else is patiently waiting in, and these dummies come flying up on the right shoulder and want to pass several dozen cars.  JERKS!  I hate that.

I would venture to guess that a great majority of poor driving is stemming from people in a hurry and talking/texting on the cell phones.  Nothing gets me more after I've been cut off to see that culprit ahead of me was on their phone!  I wrote a hub about distracted driving because these things were just seeming to be so prevalent and needed addressing.

Bad or rude driving is one thing.. distracted driving quite another.  But both are common and equally aggrivating - not to mention dangerous !!!!

2. cre8ivOne profile image68
      cre8ivOneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Bad and rude drivers can stem from distraction.  But yes, all in all, people need to pay attention to the road and be more patient.

3. Billie Kelpin profile image84
      Billie Kelpinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The phrase "man's inhumanity to man." keeps popping in my mind when someone cuts me off or won't let me in when they see my blinker on.  I think people have a lot of pent up rage (me too, if someone beeps at me the nano-second I didn't move on green.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image96
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

I can not stand being interrupted when I'm in the middle of doing something. Unfortunately, since I have two small kids at home, this is an everyday occurrence, so I've had to learn to deal with it. Haha.

LOL,  I know the feeling !

6. Relationshipc profile image81
    Relationshipcposted 11 years ago

People who drag their feet while they walk. If you can, pick up your feet! My second pet peeve is people who sit right next to me when there are a hundred other chairs or tables to choose from.

Some peoples' legs do seem to be heavy LOL.. And as for choosing the seat next to you..although annoying,  that could be a compliment.. Maybe you smell nice .. or they want to copy your work..  smile

2. Relationshipc profile image81
      Relationshipcposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I try to think that it has something to do with my charisma, and I do try to take it as a compliment. But I'm one of those people who do not like other people in my personal space, and it takes all of 1 minute for me to get really annoyed.

3. Billie Kelpin profile image84
      Billie Kelpinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

R: People sitting rt next to me like that drives me CRAZY! Now that I'm old 'n don't care what people think, I rudely move away from them and then feel guilty all day. But I HAVE TO stop dragging my flip flops. Coming from MN to CA, I LOVE doing that

7. RolyRetro profile image90
    RolyRetroposted 11 years ago

Other people's phone conversations on the train, the inane drivel I have to sit through, listening to every detail of what someone had for breakfast, what they were wearing today and the trouble they are having with their hair.  What the hell do they have to talk about when they meet in person?

Rant over!

Roly

LOL .

8. klidstone1970 profile image60
    klidstone1970posted 11 years ago

Unfortunately, I think I have too many to list.  Mainly, I think rudeness is at the top.  There rarely seems to be any social graces in polite society any longer and that's a shame.

Yes, I think many specific annoyances fall under this general category of rudeness or uncaring of the feelings and desires of others.

9. JusticeBlaze profile image61
    JusticeBlazeposted 11 years ago

To me I would defiantly have to say certain people's ability to be extremely ignorant. Certain channels kid's watch now days teaches them it is OK or cute to be stupid.

I dont mind if someone is truly uninformed or unknowledgable... but to play dumb, act stupid, or show disreguard for the obvious,,, that annoys me too.

10. renegadetory profile image58
    renegadetoryposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7965424_f260.jpg

I know this question is 2 months old, but I just had to post this one...

People who are too lazy to throw their garbage into the garbage bin and just dump it outside!  See the square on the side?  If you look you will see that the bin is not full, nor are the lids chained together either.  People are soo lazy!  And when garbage gets dumped like this, the wind blows it all over the place, including in our yard!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)