jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

What is that one phone call you're longing to get?

1. Billie Kelpin profile image85
    Billie Kelpinposted 5 years ago

What is that one phone call you're longing to get?

Whether it's from an old friend, a lost love, a wealthy relative - who do you wish would call you with wonderful news that would affect your life possitively?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7801705_f260.jpg

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

That our final escrow has closed and the deed recorded so we can move on. We have been liquidating my late mother-in-law's estate and the last property has sold and should record today - but, according to the title company, the buyer's papers have not shown up in the mail - and once that is done - they will call us and it will be a huge relief to have all of that behind us.

Billie Kelpinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'll visualize a comment from from you at the end of the day saying you have the papers!

2. duffsmom profile image60
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Billie, I'll take all the help I can get!

3. jennshealthstore profile image91
    jennshealthstoreposted 5 years ago

A person I love very deeply is going through something really tough right now. I would love to get a call saying that everything is OK, done and over and that we can now move forward with our lives. I hope for this call everyday! This would have a very positive affect on my life, his life and the life of all those around him. I keep the hope alive!

I hope you get the call.

4. KatyWhoWaited profile image80
    KatyWhoWaitedposted 5 years ago

I long to get a phone call from my former husband telling me he realizes the terrible pain he inflicted on our family by leaving for "the other woman". I'd like him to tell me he realizes the great harm that was done to our child by his leaving and apologize from the depth of his soul.  I'd like him to tell me again, as he told me when he left, that I was a wonderful wife and a wonderful mother.  I'd like him to tell me some of the things he loved about our marriage and about me.  I'd love the conversation to veer into a "remember when we..." and he and I could laugh and laugh. At the end of a lovely reminiscense, I'd like him to say he has saved money for our now adult child and for me as well and say that he'll be sending it along shortly - maybe $100,000 for her and $50,000 for me. He would say that he knows no amount can make up for the pain, but that he hoped it would help us enjoy some things he realizes we didn't have because of his leaving.  He'd wish me all the richest joys and thank me for having been in his life. He would say that the memory of me and our life together will always be with him. Of course, that's just a dream. It will never happen, but if it did, it would be very very lovely.

Dreams can come true, Katie.  Here's hoping yours does.

5. MsDora profile image94
    MsDoraposted 5 years ago

I'd love to get a call saying that Katie, Jenn, Duffsmom and some other women I know with issues to be resolved, got the call they wanted.  "Every wish might well be a prayer," somebody said.  That would be awesome.

You have a sensitive and loving soul, MsDora. Your comment was such a kindly approach to this question.

6. ReneeDC1979 profile image60
    ReneeDC1979posted 5 years ago

You have won $10 million dollars in the publisher clearing house.

That would solve a lot of life's glitches, huh?  Just imagine how you what you could do for you and your family.  I'll be waiting to read the hub that tells us how you won and what you're doing with the money smile !!!

working