jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

To all the educated and highly successful and professional men out there, would

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

To all the educated and highly successful and professional men out there, would

YOU ever date a woman who was less educated and in a nonprofessional job such as clerk, secretary, and waitstaff? Highly educated and successful men are oftentimes attracted to women who possess the same characteristics.   A man wants a woman who is an asset, not a liability to the relationship.

2. warble-ents profile image46
    warble-entsposted 5 years ago

Horses for courses I'd personally say. I don't think it's so much about education as much as being able to hold a relevant conversation that both parties are interested in and can contribute to. Sometimes even the most 'educated and highly successful men' are as dull as dishwater... honestly smile

Less educated and in a non-professional job? Doesn't come into the equation for most guys I'd guess. Looks, humor and letting you watch the football is what it's all about smile

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

For most men the first thing we look for in a woman is physical attraction. This is why we are willing to approach her in the first place. Women reject men (directly) by saying "no" and men reject women (indirectly) by not approaching them.
    Secondly we want women who are personable, fun, or enjoyable to be around. Most men aren't looking to be "taken care of" and therefore do not date "resumes".
    In fact if a man is rich or very successful the less important the woman's career matters. A "hot looking" cocktail waitress or restaurant hostess will get asked out on dates more often than a "plain Jane" looking attorney or doctor.
    When you really think about it most couples did not meet while they are doing their jobs anyway. We usually meet people at social events, nightclubs, or out and about town. I've never heard anyone claim that "the key to winning a (man's heart) is a degree and a paystub". Looks and personality come first, anything beyond that is "icing on the cake". One man's opinion! :-)

4. A. Riter profile image75
    A. Riterposted 5 years ago

A girl only needs to be pretty to reel a guy in, no matter how successful and highly educated he is. In fact, the more successful the man, the prettier the girl on his arm. Alpha males are not alpha males for nothing; only the best will do.  And naturally, we all want to be surrounded by beautiful things; in this world, beauty matters (a lot). Besides, it really comes down to attraction for all of us; and while beauty is in the eye of the beholder, we all want beauty around us. Full stop. It is only as we get older that we value other characteristics in people; young people of both sexes are highly visual and will stay with a partner even if they have nothing in common if the attraction is there.

5. getitrite profile image79
    getitriteposted 5 years ago

The formal education of the woman is not as relevant as her actual aptitude and ambition.  And, of course her job does not define her, because I once met a waitress who had a Masters degree, and a Real Estate license.  I am attracted to intelligent woman, wherever they may be found, as in the case with my former neighbor, who only had a GED, but had a higher aptitude and zeal for learning than most of the women who worked at the bank where I worked.