jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Of the different forms of love, which is the most meaningful to you?

1. midget38 profile image93
    midget38posted 4 years ago

Of the different forms of love, which is the most meaningful to you?

We all love in many different ways. What are the different forms of love and which is the form of love that holds the most meaning for you?

2. marwan asmar profile image80
    marwan asmarposted 4 years ago

Emotions, respecting one another, attitudes, body language, sex..................

3. ermetes profile image67
    ermetesposted 4 years ago

As for me, of all the forms of love (forms which are attributed to the Greek) which I choose the most...Agape is the ultimate choice of love because this love is really attributed to the Greek being unconditional and self-sacrificing love. This kind of love supersedes to all! The other forms of love, in my opinion, follow!

4. janetwrites profile image84
    janetwritesposted 4 years ago

My most meaningful love is the love from God, then love from my parents, my love for my husband and my children.

5. tillsontitan profile image87
    tillsontitanposted 4 years ago

To me there is no difference.  We love from the heart and with our heart and soul.  No matter who or what, we should love selflessly and that is what love is all about, thinking of others above ourselves and wanting what is best for them.

6. MrsBrownsParlour profile image88
    MrsBrownsParlourposted 4 years ago

I am familiar with the Greek categories (agape, eros, philia, and storge), of which I find agape most meaningful. But I am most inspired when I see creatures caring for each other across any boundaries of self-interest---animals of different species that bond or assist each other, or animals and humans saving each other's lives, or people who help others out of pure compassion.

7. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 4 years ago

Agape is indeed the most meaningful to me because of its absolute power. It is that somewhat hidden or perhaps conundrum that seems unnusual in this world yet so important in the next. Thus, it is indeed agape that is most important to me and has the most meaning for me. My best friend and I were comatose at the same time and this agape played an important role in our survival and recovery...

8. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I think the most important love is (self love). Without it you are likely to make many poor decisions for yourself. This leads to selecting the wrong mate for yourself, staying involved with toxic people for far too long, not giving your children a loving and responsible co-parent.
    People who have "self-love" and "self-respect" for themselves also have the ability to love and respect others. However they are selective with whom they allow into their inner circle. Those who lack self-love and self-respect for themselves are often led astray and taken advantage of. No one should become a "doormat" in order to please others.

9. Desmondlee89 profile image75
    Desmondlee89posted 4 years ago

I believe the greatest form of love is to be selfless and unconditional. It would be like Jesus dying for our sins or in a mortal perspective, Mother Theresa dying to serve the needy, our parents raising us and loving us uncondtionally..

To me, my parents have shown me unconditional love and it has been the most meaningful to me thus far:)