What is an ideal definition of TRUE LOVE ?

1. AUPADHYAY profile image40
    AUPADHYAYposted 4 years ago

What is an ideal definition of TRUE LOVE ?

We often read or listen the word TRUE LOVE. Also we think it in different ways of it's definition. But the exact and ideal definition of it has never been passed through my eyes. Can you define it ?

2. mabelhenry profile image84
    mabelhenryposted 4 years ago

Love is not arrogant, or proud it never insists on having its own way, it builds up, heals, and supports. It doesn’t glory in self, never behaves itself unseemly, it seeks not to avenge, and is not disturbed by anything, or anyone. It is a high law that supersedes, and takes precedence over all other laws. It is the royal command of the Creator. It is His command in order to live in obedience in His universe, and under His domain.

Love is higher than any circumstance; it is not subject to conditions, it is totally unconditional, and it renders to the believer only that quality, and essence. We didn't create this world we live in, and we do not have permission to exhibit or possess anything that opposes the love the Creator shows through nature and all the wonderful things He created.

True love is unconditional, it doesn't size you up in order to love you, it accepts you faults and all. The Creator is true love to me. The Greek language breaks down some definitions of love.  1. Agape the love God has for all of us. 2. Eros, the love we have for a spouse (love of passion), 3. Phileos, the love we have for friends (love for friends), 4. Storge, the love we have for family (love of family). It has been taught that Agape was in their dictionary without a true meaning, until God sent Jesus to die on the cross and at that moment, Agape was understood as God loving the world that He gave His only Son.

We as humans, experience different kinds of love, yet, all of them in order to be true love, must be without putting conditions on others, and merely accepting them for who they are, faults and all. I don't believe you can truly love anyone and not accept them because they are different. Moreover, the choice to love others and to receive love from others, will always be our own choice.

1. AUPADHYAY profile image40
      AUPADHYAYposted 4 years agoin reply to this

very true mabelhenry, I do agree with your answer. thanks for your answer.

working