jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Do Men Like Financially Independent Women or Housewife?

1. Hariom Singhal profile image59
    Hariom Singhalposted 4 years ago

Do Men Like Financially Independent Women  or Housewife?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

Every family is different. Some prefer the more traditional woman at home caring for the family, others prefer two working parents.  I don't think there is one highly preferable over the other as a whole, it depends on the individual man/family. 

I personally chose the best of both worlds. I worked for awhile and then started freelancing from home so I can still earn a living and yet I am here for my kids when they need me.  Every family dynamic is different.  I think men value a woman when they recognize the importance of what she provides.  Moms who stay home are equally as valuable as women who work.  If a woman is providing love and sustenance to her family, caring for her husband and contributing to the whole unit, it should not matter if she works a "job" or not.

Hariom Singhalposted 4 years agoin reply to this

A good answer.If every women stared to think about home then every family become happy family.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I don't think we can generalize as all men are different and many want different things from women.

thank you.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I don't know many men who date women based upon their salary. The key factors are generally (physical attraction, easy going personality, and a great sense of humor). I have known guys who would rather not date women that had children. However if a guy thinks a woman is "hot" he will usually make exceptions to his own rules. One man's opinion! :-)

Thank for your answer.

5. aminahchahine profile image61
    aminahchahineposted 4 years ago

Hello Hariom Singhal, nice question. I think every person is different but as far as my experienced is concerned - men prefer financially independent as well as housewife. It simply means that they wanted their girlfriends to work but after getting married they also see them as a good housewife. Being financially independent in today's world is not a bad deal.

I fully agree you.

working