jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Is there a way to know if your mate will continue to interest you?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

Is there a way to know if your mate will continue to interest you?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7976573_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

No one can predict the future. All we can do is hope for the best.
    Couples overtime either grow together or grow apart. What someone wants at one stage in life may change at a later stage in their life.

lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

dashingscorpio,
      I guess you just never know what's going to happen, or how you're going to feel in the future. It would be nice to know though. It would save a lot of peoples' feelings.
      Thanks,
      Lisa

3. no body profile image72
    no bodyposted 4 years ago

I believe that Dashingscorpio is right as far as no one knowing the future but I think I could do one better. I can virtually guarantee that interest, feelings of love, passion, excitement - will rise and fall in every relationship. Love is a decision more than a feeling. When a relationship is new there are chemicals at work that create a chemistry and it feels like forever. After some years, some say two, some say three, those brain chemicals are no longer at play like they were. All of a sudden they are seeing the person that could do no wrong in a whole new light. But marriage is not based on that FEELING, it is based on the decision, the commitment, the covenanted promise before the Lord God almighty. So we have to look at our spouse as God looks at them. We see them at their potential and view our role as one of helping them get to that goal. We are to love them more than we love ourselves according to Scripture. I will always love myself, it is natural.

lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

no body,
      Marriage is a decision isn't it? I like your comment on seeing our spouse at their potential and helping them get to that goal:) You've probably been married for a long time given your wise thoughts.
      Thank you so much,
      Lisa

working