jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Who lies more in their profiles men or women?

1. AmandaJon profile image70
    AmandaJonposted 4 years ago

Who lies more in their profiles men or women?

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 4 years ago

Old Irish folk song - Gilgera Mountain -  'The devil takes the women, cos they always lie so easy.'

AmandaJonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Actually I don't agree that women lie more than men. Women just not saying it all ))

2. MickS profile image72
      MickSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I also don't believe that women lie more than men, I was just using an old quote to point up a stereotype.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I think lying is fairly equal between the sexes. They just lie about (different) things. One report stated women are more likely to lie about weight/body type and age while men are more likely to lie about height and salary.
    Aside from that if you talk to a group of women they're likely to say men lie the most and if you talk to a group of men they are likely to say women lie the most.
    I know of one guy who considers any woman that wears hair extensions, push up bras, fake eye lashes, concealer, and finger nails to be lying. LOL!

AmandaJonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

HAHA quite intersting point of view dashingscorpio especially "They just lie about (different) things", right to the point.

4. ZungTran profile image81
    ZungTranposted 4 years ago

It has been published in a research that both genders lie equally much in their profiles. Guys lie more about their height and income, proven that people are 20% poorer than they say they are. At the same time, girls lie about their weight, age & look (posting outdated pictures), and sexual orientation.
    Not surprisingly as these are factors that show them in a better light wink

I'll just leave the link to the article here:
    http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-b … ine-dating

working