jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do men prefer women with long or short hair?

1. LensMan999 profile image51
    LensMan999posted 4 years ago

Do men prefer women with long or short hair?

Is there any particular reason behind this preference?

2. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

It is a personal preference depending on factors like culture, ethnic origins, latest trends, etc. But I believe most men prefer longer hair. Just look at what has happened in fashion and broadcast media in the last 10 years or so. EVERYBODY'S wearing longer hairstyles enhanced with extensions and weaves! My theory is that for men, longer hair is a symbol of fertiliy. For women, it's an obsession with a perceived symbol of beauty.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

My husband hates the idea of giving me bangs or cutting my hair in any way. When going to get a cut and style, he always looks at me funny and asks if it is just a trim. Long hair is supposed to mean you are committed, stable, loyal, devoted, etc.. Short hair is supposed to be busy, quick, easy, fun, cute, stylish, on-the-go, etc.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

As a man I prefer women with at least shoulder length hair. I think most men want women that are as much the (opposite) of themselves. I've never heard of any guy tell his girlfriend, wife, or significant other...."You should cut your hair!"
    Generally speaking it's women who are always looking to make changes in their appearances. Maybe they saw somone they knew or a celebrity with a haircut they admired or one of their "best friends" suggested they cut it. In other instances the woman is tired of doing whatever it takes to maintain it and decides go with a short hassle free cut. Generally speaking most men don't get a vote! :-)

5. michememe profile image79
    michememeposted 4 years ago

This really depends on the man. Not every man is the same in regards to short or long hair on women.

6. residentstone profile image60
    residentstoneposted 4 years ago

Personally, I like women with longer hair, it takes a really perfectly shaped head and face to pull off shorter hair without looking dikey, IMO. But admittedly when it works for a woman, it works.

7. Nicole Danielle profile image64
    Nicole Danielleposted 4 years ago

Really depends on the male's preference, some do like short hair while other's don't. From personal experience guy's always liked my hair longer versus short.

8. DDE profile image23
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Most men prefer long hair, it is more a lady  look and also if their mothers have or had long hair they would want the same for their wives