jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Why do men prefer women to have long hair?

1. seriousnuts profile image68
    seriousnutsposted 6 years ago

Why do men prefer women to have long hair?

2. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

It is not really preferring long hair's woman. It is just that when women have long hair, they are likely to be a person who knows how to take care of themselves since it is not easy to maintain long hairs as special care and attention are needed.

To us, these women who have long hairs are special in taking care of themselves. So, naturally they will prove to be a better partner.

My wife was having super long hair that reached her thigh but now it is as short as possible.

Why?

Well, having long hair is very tedious in maintenance especially when you need to wash it every other day and imagine the amount of shampoo and conditioner needed to cover such long hair.

So, now it is more practical to have short hair. Easy to maintain and healthier. Long hair will tend to have a problem with headache. So, if you are having long hair, my advice is to keep it short. My opinion about long hair has changed ever since.

3. Sun-Girl profile image59
    Sun-Girlposted 6 years ago

Men prefer women with long hair because the long hair makes them look more famine and attractive.

4. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

It varies. I think it depends on the type of hair, the shape of the face, and the cut. Their are very attractive women with short hair, but I wouldn't say that it's the norm.
    But I would have to answer yes, I think typically I prefer a woman to have long hair.

5. Thek1ngsway profile image79
    Thek1ngswayposted 6 years ago

Because thats what we associate women with. its simple . I think its kinda physiological .

6. pajamazzon profile image61
    pajamazzonposted 6 years ago

My boyfriend doesn't mind if i have long hair or short hair, he loves me regardless

7. puddingicecream profile image74
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

Long hair is seen as feminine. Plus, it can be very attractive for men during sex.

8. shampa sadhya profile image81
    shampa sadhyaposted 6 years ago

No wonder it is because men can pull long hair at the time of a quarrel, easily. Well, jokes apart. Being a woman I feel men like long hair not because of any variation in her beauty but it gives woman a matured and responsible look which they admire and prefer over style.

9. Rob Winters profile image84
    Rob Wintersposted 6 years ago

I imagine long hair is more synonymous with youth.

10. WindMaestro profile image61
    WindMaestroposted 6 years ago

I think it is because we associate it with being feminine. It is similar to why women prefer men to have short hair. This is not always the case, but in more often then not, the traditions sculpted by society are how we associate our preferences and likes. It is just another concept of beauty, that we have evolved to expect and to cherish. I mean, I prefer women to have long hair, because it is rather beautiful to behold, and when it is soft, it is also more the lovely. smile

11. truthfornow profile image80
    truthfornowposted 6 years ago

i didn't think men cared about hair all that much. i get asked to cut my hair so that my face can be seen.

12. ajuvr profile image67
    ajuvrposted 6 years ago

longer the hair shorter the  wit and farther the sarcasm

13. serenity4me profile image57
    serenity4meposted 6 years ago

I wish I understood it.  Sometimes I think my husband is married to my hair.  He would be absolutey heart broken if I cut it.  It's bad enough that I trim it every year or so, he doesn't like that. ???

working