jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How did you meet your partner. What were your first impression's

1. PoeticPhilosophy profile image82
    PoeticPhilosophyposted 4 years ago

How did you meet your partner. What were your first impression's

2. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 4 years ago

First impressions were all positive. I met a fun loving, culturally aware young woman, Paula, from the Netherlands when I worked at a youth hostel in London, February 1979. She had all those classical butter blonde features that many Dutch girls possess. For six months we had a ball in the capital, working together and getting to know each other.
    In the summer we parted our ways. For about two years we kept in touch, on and off via snail mail mostly and as the 80s progressed we kind of lost contact with one another. Fast forward to 1989. A phone call to my house out of the blue. A distraught Paula wanting to meet up with me again following some sort of emotional upheaval and other stuff.
    To cut a very long story short - from that day on we were a couple again! Two boys and years of travel and work later we're still here! That one phone call was for sure a big surprise. How did she know where I was after ten years? She'd kept my parent's contact details, just in case.

PoeticPhilosophyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's amazing, beautiful love tale haha. You got a keeper my man.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

He was fixing my car with a little attitude. I'd shocked him and made him start for a bit. Thought of him as a hard worker because he was outside for most of the day. He was a good conversationalist, made jokes with his co-workers. Then he left the note in my car, so sweet.

PoeticPhilosophyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Haha that's cool. Thanks for sharing

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I was 18 and working in a bank. My supervisor introduced us.  My husband was her son's best friend. He had seen me in the bank and asked her to introduce us.

I didn't think much of it, except that he was very tall.  The next time I saw him he was in army fatigues and I fell head over heels.  We married about 3 1/2 months later.  Still married 43 years later.  I guess it's going to last!

5. LisaKoski profile image94
    LisaKoskiposted 4 years ago

He was my boss and I couldn't stand him. It was only once we became friends outside of work through a mutual friend that I found myself falling for him. I still wouldn't like him as my boss (even while dating we didn't always get along at work) but as my boyfriend he's become my best friend and I can't imagine myself without him. He helped me get through college and we've stuck together through some pretty rough times and situations that I think would normally tear relationships apart. We've been together now for four years so it was definitely worth risking our jobs while we started dating!

working