Should I go forward with this man?

1. profile image51
    dancingmom2posted 4 years ago

Should I go forward with this man?

Okay so we've been dating 2 years now and plan to marry December 31,2014. We have a 9 month old son together and two children from previous relationships, however he has been in my daughters life since she was one. We have had our fair share of large blow  ups in the past 2 years as our sons health was not great and stressed us tremendously, now the thing is he wont do the little things I've asked which are big to me like, wipe off the toilet seat! I know petty but that is one of my biggest pet peeves I'm a woman I shouldn't have to wipe the seat before I tinkle!

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

You stated the following;
    "he wont do the little things I've asked which are (big to me) like, wipe off the toilet seat! I know petty but that is one of my biggest pet peeves I'm a woman I shouldn't have to wipe the seat before I tinkle!"
    Everyone is entitled to have their own "deal breakers". You have to decide if you can spend the rest of your life wiping the seat. The biggest mistake anyone can make is marrying someone hoping or expecting (they) will change overtime! People rarely change!
    Attempting to change a mate usually leads to frustration on our part and resentment on the part of our mate. Ultimately everyone wants to be loved and appreciated for who they are.
    "There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships. We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have."
    In other words you can find a man who already does wipe the seat or you can learn to accept your man as is in this area and value other things about him. Essentially both solutions involve "letting go". You either let go of the man or you let go of the expectation. Best wishes!

3. DDE profile image26
    DDEposted 4 years ago

You have been with this guy for two years and plan to marry him if you haven't by now accepted his habits then you are wasting your time to bicker on such things as small as it seems and as big as an issue it  to you then you won't stop about it and could get into a bigger problem at a later stage. Remember what you see is what you get.

working