jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When is it ok to date again?

1. jabelufiroz profile image70
    jabelufirozposted 4 years ago

When is it ok to date again?

2. Borsia profile image46
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

As soon as you think you can have anyone that close.
    It doesn't have to be love, just like and common interests.
    The fact is that we only get a very short time in life and we only get one so every day that you feel empty alone or just lonely is a day you will never get back.
    Enjoy life, enjoy love when you can, enjoy freedom always and enjoy every minute you have left.

3. 14 otra profile image59
    14 otraposted 4 years ago

With considerable observation and with the personal experience of being both widowed and divorced, I would cast an easy vote for letting yourself base that decision on what you want, as opposed to what others might say or think.  Timing is a big factor in relationships and is something that can't be forced. Does the opportunity missed -because it was "too soon" feel any different from one that wasn't available when the time was more "appropriate"?  Personally, I think it does, because regrets are like barnacles that grow on missed opportunities.  And they will weigh you down.  I don't always trust myself to make the right decision, but I've found a lot more laughter comes from recalling my mistakes than from waiting for something to happen.

4. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 4 years ago

You can date again once yo fel more confident again, and free of any obstacles,when your mind  says its okay to date again, in a positive way