jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do your grandchildren call you "Grandma," and "Grandpa" or something else?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

Do your grandchildren call you "Grandma," and "Grandpa" or something else?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8175544_f260.jpg

2. KDeus profile image95
    KDeusposted 4 years ago

I'm not a grandmother, but my kids call my mom Yia Yia which is Greek for grandmother. She felt that being called grandma or grandmother would make her feel older. My kids call my dad Grampa. My husband's step mother wanted my son to call her Gigi, I guess for the same reasons as my mom. I called my grandmother Mom Mom and my grandfather Pop Pop and the other pair of grandparents I called Grandpa and Grandma.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I've never liked the title, Grandma. So I knew when I had grandkids that I wanted to be called Nana.  My grandchildren's other grandparents are also in town so she is Grandma, I am Nana. Her husband is Papa and mine is Nonny.  His nickname was originally NOG - which stands for Nutty Old Grandpa, but they couldn't say NOG or Noggy so it came out Nonny and stuck.

NOG comes from my daughter when she was young. She was joking about growing up and having kids and them thinking her dad was theri Nutty Old Grandpa. So when she finally had kids years later, we brought it out of "storage."  So with little kid modification, we are Nana and Nonny.

4. mathira profile image82
    mathiraposted 4 years ago

My grandson calls me 'aachi' which means grandmother in Tamil. I adore it when he calls me like that.

working