jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What is LOVE?

1. FloatingThoughts profile image59
    FloatingThoughtsposted 4 years ago

What is LOVE?

2. Djazi nasr profile image40
    Djazi nasrposted 4 years ago

Love is that first feeling you feel before all the bad stuff gets in the way

3. BuffaloGal1960 profile image73
    BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years ago

Love is a choice. Love is a decision.  Love is unselfish. Love is kind.  Love is thoughtful.  Love has gentle correction and sometimes a firm hand (for your children).  Love commands respect. Love gives and offers without expectation of return.  Love is commitment. Love is wisdom. Love gives first, not last. Love gives the best, not the least. Love is forgiving, never boastful. Love does not offend but attempts to walk in peace.  Love cares enough to confront that which needs confronted and tended to.  Love is not rude or arrogant. Love knows when to pick a battle and when to overlook. Love does the right thing first. Love is special.
    I wrote that in September 2005.

4. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Love is based on your special habits on how you make the other feel, love happens when yo least expect it and loves needs to be kneaded like dough to make it all new again. Love is happiness and sadness, love is strength and a challenge.

5. Veroniquebee profile image74
    Veroniquebeeposted 4 years ago

"Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more."

Sorry, couldn't resist that big_smile

Anyway, on the more serious note - to me, love is about knowing that your significant other is there for you, just you are there for them. It's knowing that you will have to deal with them leaving dirty socks on the floor, and them knowing they will trip over your bazilion of shoes on their way out. It's knowing that even if you belong to each other, you are still your own people, who just chose to be with each other and intend to keep that promise, even if the cost can be high at times.

1. HLKeeley profile image84
      HLKeeleyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Literally the first two sentences word for word was what I was going to write! smile

working