jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Do you ever get preferential treatment because of your looks

1. definitions profile image60
    definitionsposted 4 years ago

Do you ever get preferential treatment because of your looks

I sometimes do, and it's irrelevant - we all age, everyone's looks fade.  I feel it is a sort of discrimination but is that an innate quality of human beings?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8275206_f260.jpg

2. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

At one time when I was younger, I did get preferential treatment because people thought I looked like Brook Shields.  I'm on the other side of that coin now.  I'm older, with 2 children.  One has special needs.  I'm run down, tired, and I'm not so cute any more.  So rarely do I get someone who treats me special based on my appearance!  LOL

3. johnsonrallen profile image93
    johnsonrallenposted 4 years ago

When traveling overseas with my Asian wife, I get preferential treatment. This, in turn, causes her to get it as well. In her case, others of her (former) nationality have to provide documents showing her capability to be traveling in another country, whereas so long as she was with me she did not have to show the same documents. It made things easier but it was very unjust and unfair.

4. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

I get preferential treatment all the time and have been for a while, maybe  in twenty years I won't.

5. Randomovic profile image75
    Randomovicposted 4 years ago

yes sometimes i do, though i think its unfair.

6. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 4 years ago

No. I believe that if one shows kindness in whatever you are doing then you will receive the same kindness of treatment in return. I do not disagree that there are such discrimination. A person who are sincere and show kindness will receive in return with kindness.

7. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

Never did, especially as a darker  skinned, plus sized  Black woman in this society.  I was treated preferentially because of my charm, grace, intelligence, and personality nothing more, nothing less!

1. definitions profile image60
      definitionsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hear, hear!  Thank you for answering!

working