jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

What should I get for a friend, who I'm interested in, for his birthday?

1. CrazedNovelist profile image84
    CrazedNovelistposted 4 years ago

What should I get for a friend, who I'm interested in, for his birthday?

So I finally told this guy I like him. His birthday is coming up... what should I get?

2. AMAZING THINKER profile image60
    AMAZING THINKERposted 4 years ago

Give him a handmade gift or a handmade card, anyone can buy gifts. Making it yourself shows care, and effort.
    Write how you feel about him, add some romantic stuff, may be a poem. it works!

3. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 4 years ago

First, try to discover his passions and interests. Is he a reader? Does he enjoy sports? Gardening? Auto enthusiast?
    Once you discover what he loves, the choices get much easier.
    A lot of guys wear jewelry these days. If he wears bracelets or charms, that makes shopping easier too.
    Of course, one of my hand mad dream catchers would please just about anyone :-) and I custom make them too. They may be a bit expensive for a first gift though.
    It's always tough to choose a gift, but just put some thought into it and you will be fine.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

A nice dinner and a movie, you cannot go wrong.

1. Austinstar profile image88
      Austinstarposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Unless the person has dietary issues and hates the movie! LOL

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

True LOL

5. lupine profile image73
    lupineposted 4 years ago

You can casually ask what he would like to get, or do for his birthday...then buy, or do something of that nature. It would be nice if you could do/buy something unique, that he has never received before... he will think of you, and how thoughtful you are. Going out for dinner and a movie is always good, as mentioned here by Jeff, but maybe add one more thing to make it special. Depending on what he likes, here are some of my unique ideas: Buy a nice indoor plant such as a Palm tree, it really brightens up a room. If he has a patio, get a nice medium to large wind chime, there are some very nice ones with rich tones that sound beautiful. I was given one several years ago for my birthday it was great, about 3 feet long -- beautiful sound. Go on a day trip on a bay cruise if you have it available local. Good luck!

6. izettl profile image96
    izettlposted 4 years ago

Should be something personal that shows you know something or picked up on something that's unique to him or about him. In other words something thoughtful. It can be a gift card to his favorite place or store. Or...something fun to do together- I like activity stuff for beginning relationships cause that's how you get to know them even better.

7. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago

Wrap yourself in a giant box and jump out tongue

8. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Have you known him long enough to know what he likes? If you know his favorite things, pick the one that he will be most surprised that you even knew about. I think that will impress him. Good luck.

9. Silva Hayes profile image91
    Silva Hayesposted 4 years ago

Tickets to a concert by his favorite band, tickets to a sport event, gift certificate to a day spa for a luxurious massage and pedicure.