What is really meant by LOVE? is that about sex? is that about taking care?

1. tippusunu profile image73
    tippusunuposted 4 years ago

What is really meant by LOVE?
    is that about sex? is that about taking care?

what is really meant by LOVE?
    is that about sex? is that about taking care? is that about money? a question of a teenager.

2. Wakerra profile image79
    Wakerraposted 4 years ago

The difference between love and lust:  "Love comes with open hands and open heart; lust comes with only an open appetite."  Don't get me wrong, a physical relationship is important and it holds its place in love within marriage, but its how its used that defines "love", from "lust".  My mother is a prime example of this.  Two divorces and a lot of heartache between family members.  She married twice for lust, the second marriage (first divorce) blew up because she wasn't "satisfied" anymore.  She's since married again for the same reasons as before, but I know it will end the same way as the other.

The way I think of it, Love is pure caring, unconditional and to the point where you would do anything for the welfare of your family.  It is unselfish, and always puts others before you.  In a sense it is Charity, or the pure love of Christ.  Look what he did for the WORLD, because he loved it so much.  My mother professes she "loves" us, but after the display she made to me during the second divorce, I have a hard time believing it.  She didn't care so much about what I thought, as what she wanted for herself.  Open appetite, vs open arms.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Everyone has their own definition of what it means to love and be loved by someone. Naturally if it is "romantic love" most people would view physical affection and sex as a component of love.  Taking care or nurturing can also be part of it on various levels as well. Some people expect it to  mean "hand-outs" while others are content with emotional support that encourages them to reach their dreams.
    My point is; there is no "one size fits all" definition for what love is because everyone has their own way of acknowledging to themselves that they are being "loved". A good question one might ask someone they are dating is; "How do you know when you are loved?" Their answer will tell you what love looks like to (them).

working