jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How can you escape from a forbidden love?

1. KenDeanAgudo profile image79
    KenDeanAgudoposted 4 years ago

How can you escape from a forbidden love?

One of the person that I knew ask me this, she was so confuse and she was my good friend but she was having a hard time making decision for she was having a relationship with a lesbian which she knew wrong. She wanted to stop but it's really hard for her but she was always have guilt doing that and was never been so happy.

What is the best advice you can give to my friend for even I can't answer it.

2. LongTimeMother profile image96
    LongTimeMotherposted 4 years ago

Hello KenDeanAgudo. You must be a good friend if she came to you to discuss her dilemma. She obviously needs someone to talk to. I can understand why you asked this question on hp, hoping to get some advice. It is a very difficult situation.

Here's what I think.  I believe nobody can tell your friend what the best thing to do is. This is a decision she has to make for herself. Some people will say she is 'wrong' to continue the relationship, but nobody has the right to judge her.

I would worry about her safety if she is in danger of an angry, violent family for instance. Her family is probably her greatest concern. Perhaps she is also worried about what her community will say.

But really, we all have to make our own decisions by listening to what our heart says ... and what our head says. Whichever one speaks the loudest is the one we tend to follow.

I do hope you will continue to be her good friend, no matter what decision she makes. Good luck to you both. smile

1. KenDeanAgudo profile image79
      KenDeanAgudoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I will longtime mother, thank you for that very nice advice, i will stay as her good friend smile And now, i can share more advices to her whenever she had problems.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

As LongTime said, the final decision has to be hers. If you're really close friends, she might take your advice and think it's the best way to handle things and then wind up being more confused. It won't be because your advice is bad; it just might not be what's best for her in the long run. Be the ear that listens and the shoulder to cry on if that's what she needs. Relationship advice is so tricky. By listening, she gets a chance to talk to someone who won't judge her and I bet she eventually comes to the decision that's right for her even if you don't offer any advice.

working