jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is breaking up with someone more than once and marrying the same person a good

1. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Is breaking up with someone  more than once and marrying the same person a good idea?

Relationships don't always work out but doing the same thing over and over can  result in disappointments.

2. Jackwms profile image60
    Jackwmsposted 4 years ago

Probably not a good idea, but, on the other hand, it can work well if each makes adjustments.

1. DDE profile image25
      DDEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Interesting thoughts you have  yet so true thanks

3. CuriousLearner profile image60
    CuriousLearnerposted 4 years ago

I don't think its a good idea because if it work it would work earlier.

1. DDE profile image25

Thanks for sharing your opinion here  it can be a problem for many

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

My philosophy has always been if you are "in love" give it your BEST.
    Odds are if you dumped them there was a (good) reason and if they dumped you then you will never really feel "secure" in the relationship again.
    Either way once you have given something your BEST there is nothing more you can do the "second time around".
    It makes little sense to me to have a yo-yo relationship filled with breakups and makeup sessions. Some people actually think it is "romantic". I believe your future lies ahead of you and not behind you.
    The only exception I can imagine is if there was a gap of many years after the breakup which allowed both people to evolve into "different people". For example you broke up at age 21 and met up again at 41 or 51. Odds are you would have both learned a lot about yourselves as well as about life.

1. DDE profile image25

Interesting loving someone does make a difference thanks for answering this question.

working