jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Use coupons on a date? Yes or no?

1. jaydawg808 profile image91
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

Use coupons on a date? Yes or no?

2. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 4 years ago

I would say no. Although, using coupons is a great thing for the people who know how to do it right. It can be a little cheesy. Not only that, but it can seem a little cheap. Dates, are supposed to be romantic, and special. Using coupons kind of takes away from the whole idea. Of spending money with someone you are trying to know, or already know, and just having some time out.

3. herpointofview profile image92
    herpointofviewposted 4 years ago

Not on a first date.  Coupons suggest budgeting and doing things cheaply, and this won't leave the best impression if you're trying to make someone feel special.  Once you've been on a few dates, there's nothing wrong with suggesting the two of you go somewhere because you have a coupon.

4. suzettenaples profile image90
    suzettenaplesposted 4 years ago

I think on a date it is a bit tacky.  Once in a relationship or married and not on 'date night' I think it is okay to use.  But, on dates. especially first dates, I say no.

5. Jeannieinabottle profile image92
    Jeannieinabottleposted 4 years ago

Typically, I would say no to using a coupon on a first date, but it depends on the situation.  Once I was out on a first date and I had a coupon for the restaurant.  The guy I was out with was pretty cool and I mentioned I had a coupon if he wanted to use it.  He laughed because he also had a coupon and was not going to use it if I saw him use it.  I told him to go ahead.  Sometimes too cheap people bond over that type of thing.

6. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

It depends on the age of the couple, how long they've been dating, how attracted one is to the other, and whether or not the coupon was mentioned in advance.
    Two college students aren't likely to be offended because one has a 50% off coupon, nor is a couple who have been dating for a few months going to feel ashamed to take advantage of a bargain.
    Generally speaking it's a "no-no" on a (first date). However if someone were to say (in advance); "I got a 50% off promotional coupon for that new restaurant that opened up. Are you interested in checking it out?" Odds are the other person would not be offended. In fact if someone thinks you are "HOT" they could care less about the coupon or the restaurant. They just want to be with (you) period!
    It's when people try to sneak the coupon in during the date, tell you which entrées to order, or state: "We must get our order in before 6PM"...etc (after) you said yes to the date; it comes across a little slimy. You're better off cooking a meal at home!

7. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 4 years ago

No I don't agree on using coupons on a date it does make you look like a cheapskate. It shows character and besides you don't know your date as well and  using coupons   makes it so awkward