Frank and direct person or a diplomatic person - who is better ?

1. Sundeep Kataria profile image75
    Sundeep Katariaposted 4 years ago

Frank and direct person or a diplomatic person - who is better ?

2. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

Sundeep,  IMO, this boils down to "personality & motive."  Frankly, as I filter your question through my mind, what I hear is:  Am I a fact-based, honest & upfront, no-nonsense type of communicator, or do I allow for Political correctness & word-parsing to enter the situation and manipulate the outcome?   I don't believe one is better than the other.....just quite different.
    Therefore, it may be that either or both ways could be an acceptable approach.  I will add that it should come into consideration, the subject matter, the person(s) with whom we are communicating, what's at stake and what our intention is, toward the outcome.
    I will admit that I am strictly, the former.  "Diplomatic," is a nice-sounding term and can easily sway the average person into thinking it is "expected" of him/her to add the frills in verbiage, while walking on egg shells.  On the other hand, I quickly equate "diplomacy" to "politics," and we can clearly see, throughout history how manipulative, deceitful and two-faced, 98% of the world of Politicians is.  Always has been, always will be.
    Common sense may allow for the vast majority to agree there is a time and place for both types of individuals to bring about positive results.
    "Personality" however, directs us one way or the other, in everyday realistic interaction.
    I'm a Sgt. Joe Friday kind of gal, Sundeep.  I appreciate the "Facts, Sir....just the facts."  I'm comfortable with that and can go on from there.
    What's YOUR opinion of your own question?

3. suzettenaples profile image90
    suzettenaplesposted 4 years ago

It certainly depends on the situation.  There are times when candid and frAnk is good and times when it is better to be diplomatic.

working