Why can we sell breasts, but not wear them?

1. SydneyHougrand profile image60
    SydneyHougrandposted 4 years ago

Why can we sell breasts, but not wear them?

It is common to be able to purchase a magazine in a gas station, grocery store, or a street vendor that sports a topless woman on the front. However, it is illegal for women to go topless in almost every city in America, with the exception of New York City. Have we sexualized this  natural body point so much in today's American society that it is ok to sell breasts, but not bear them publicly in a platonic manner?

2. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 4 years ago

I remember reading an article about a cancer patient who had both her breasts removed and decided to go topless (because the suit irritated her scar sites) while swimming in a public pool as part of therapy.  She was flat chested just as a man, and was protested against her choice because she is female.  Then the issue turned to traumatizing children in the pool.  She won her case and is now allowed to swim topless during adult swimming hours.  I think the social conditioning of debasing women as sexual creatures has caused this view as you mentioned.  However, I don't think it is acceptable for anyone to be nude or display their private areas in public, male or female.  Sorry, guys, but I don't want to see your tatas, especially if they're bigger than mine.

working