jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you find romantic? A question for men.

1. beckisgiftguides profile image91
    beckisgiftguidesposted 4 years ago

What do you find romantic? A question for men.

This question is primarily for the men: What types of things do you find romantic? How much do you think that differs from what your wife or girlfriend finds romantic?

2. Dr Billy Kidd profile image91
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 4 years ago

Honesty and friendship. When a woman is like my best friend, then deeper, spontaneous fun and romance can happen naturally. If she likes my friends and fits in, then we can do things together with my group, rather than isolate and argue.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

For me, romance comes from knowing the person. For example, I don't really care about flowers or assorted chocolates, even though those are traditionally associated with romance. If my spouse got me those, it wouldn't be very romantic. However, when she gets me a specific gift, or does something for me, that she knows I will like, it means she knows me well and wants me to be happy. So, any gesture that shows you are listening to them and will indulge their passions, will go farther than anything else (in my opinion).

4. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 4 years ago

The question is about "what types of things".  Here's my "things" list: (1) active fireplaces, (2) beaches, (3) mystery rides, (4) rendezvous, (5) gliders....the aircraft type, (6) canoes, (7) hot chocolate on a snowy day, (8) a cribbage board being used by two who are paying little attention to the game, (9) foot-to-foot massages done out of sight beneath the table, and (10) hands holding each other.
    For now that's my top ten, but if I think of others I will add them to my Fiction - An Ad In The Personals.

working