jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you stop a friend from coming over every night?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

How do you stop a friend from coming over every night?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8698197_f260.jpg

2. definitions profile image61
    definitionsposted 4 years ago

Prepare sheep's head soup for them.  With a side of chilli concarne with too much chili *laughs evilly*

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

You could just stop answering the door......

4. Lapse profile image62
    Lapseposted 4 years ago

Go out somewhere so you're not home when they come by.  See what they do the next day.  Sounds like you're a homebody which of course is ok, but you just wanna hang out at home either solo or with someone else?  Just make yourself unavailable and create that distance. 
    Either that or you have to be blunt and tell them that you need to do something at home alone.  Be prepared with an answer when they ask what you're doing.

5. profile image0
    Alen Ostovicposted 4 years ago

Well, maybe that's the reason I don't have many friends.. (just 1 actually), but when I was in a situation like that I just said "Look, I'm sorry but you can't come here every day cause I have things to do, and a life. I grant you access to my home on saturday and wednesday, and you need to call one hour in advance to let me know if you're coming".

However there is a smarter solution, if you're the type of person who avoids direct confrontation. Get a mutual friend to link this question to the annoying friend and when he reads it, he will never talk to you again. (Unless he's without any pride, than it's probably better to just give him the rules)

6. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 4 years ago

I'd tell them flat-out that I don't have time for company right now. I work from home, and had a LOT of trouble with friends and family thinking that meant I was always available. They got upset when I didn't answer the phone, or ignored a "summons" on Facebook, or refused to drop everything when they came by unannounced. People don't like it when you are honest and tell them you don't have time for them right now, but they'll get over it. I made my boundaries clear, and now everyone who is important in my life knows that I will answer when I'm able, and won't if I'm busy. Those who got ticked off and stopped talking to me obviously didn't think I'm too important, and they've left my life a more peaceful place smile

7. DDE profile image28
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Well just be direct and honest  about how you feel but try not to hurt their feelings

working