jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Is it normal to dream every night about your job?

1. Goody5 profile image71
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Is it normal to dream every night about your job?

2. dghbrh profile image79
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

Its depends on for how long you are dreaming about your job. If its pretty longer period then i don think its normal so far. Are you concerned about your job? If so why you are concerned ?

3. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

I thinking dreaming about your job is the inability to let go of the day. Though, it can also simply be the mental process of your day, going through in some creative way that minds do, and absorbing the events.
    When I was a waitress, I used to dream about my job all the time. it wasn't uncommon for me to talk in my sleep and demand some one take the coffees I had made to table whatever. Now that i work where I work, or at least in the line of work that I do, I can count on one hand the amount of times I have dreamed about it, and I've been doing this job for nearly four years.
    Do you take your job home with you? Do you shut off immediately after work? I would say that both of those things would result in dreaming about work.

4. mollymeadows profile image79
    mollymeadowsposted 5 years ago

Goody, I used to dream about my job all the time. For some reason I was always being chased by the police. I had a perfectly routine office job, so maybe my subconscious was making some deep comment about my employer! XD

5. PurvisBobbi44 profile image81
    PurvisBobbi44posted 5 years ago

If this job is new you may be experiencing some stress in learning something new. Or may be in dreaming about it---you are trying to solve an issue. I know I have found solutions sometimes in my dreams. My mind recaps my work day as I take my shower or bubble bath.

However, you might need to relax more and put your mind on something else before you go to sleep, i.e.—a good movie—romance comedy---now with the Holidays---a Holiday/Christmas movie.

I wish you well in your job and try to leave it at work when you walk out the door. And practice the same when you go to work---by leaving home issues at home. This will make you happier and your day more productive.

6. AlexK2009 profile image92
    AlexK2009posted 5 years ago

I am a programmer. When I dream about programming it is time to take a few more breaks and reconnect to real life.

7. freecampingaussie profile image64
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

I work on checkouts and for a while I was dreaming about it every night and it drove me nuts ! I would be half awake saying I have to finish this trolley first ! I am so glad the dreams have stopped as it was tiring lol!

8. kj force profile image73
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

Dreaming about your job every night , as anything else could be an underlying issue you have difficulty dealing with..perhaps you like your job and wish to do better, so you rehash it over in your head, a bit overwhelmed and can't let go.
    Try before retiring at night, reading a very informative e-book titled.....
    " Set your sleep on Auto-pilot " these are proven example studies. You may also want to check you vitamin/mineral levels through blood tests, via your physician.
    Trust me these mean alot in the maintaining of a healthy immune system..
    hope this gave a bit of insight to your question..very interesting by the way.

1. kj force profile image73
      kj forceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much Goody5..I am glad you liked my answer..and it was a great question...Happy New Year in 2013.....