jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Have you experienced dreaming the same thing all over again, every night?

1. carolp profile image79
    carolpposted 7 years ago

Have you experienced dreaming the same thing all over again, every night?

>I did have, and this I cannot forget, My dream was...i am in the church entrance door...i want to go to the altar but I can't because I am afraid of the floor covered with snakes from the entrance to the altar...does this mean something?

2. someonewhoknows profile image75
    someonewhoknowsposted 7 years ago

I've read that dreams are a way for the subconscious mind or spirit trying to get a message across to our conscious mind or brain.

It,could be a warning of about what you want to do and the reality of what you want to do.

3. Gordon Hamilton profile image98
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 7 years ago

I have had experience of dreaming about the same person/issue night after night in my life but never the actual same dream - so far as I can recall.

I am no expert on anything like this but I was immediately struck by the symbolism of your dream. The altar is the righteousness and truth while the snakes are the serpent which afforded the temptation in the Garden of Eden. Maybe there is something in your life where you know what the right decision is and you want to follow the righteous path but something else is putting temptation in your way?

Just a thought - hope it is that simple and you get it resolved.

4. HCGexpert profile image54
    HCGexpertposted 7 years ago

I've had the same problem before, but it tends to be stress related for me. Your dream could mean that you're afraid of snakes (many people are) or you're afraid of church smile

I suppose it could also mean you're afraid you're sinning too haha

5. chasemillis profile image64
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

I have no idea but I know that the Bible repeats things to have extra emphasis, and that God gives us our dreams for a reason. That is a little weird, but I would examine your surroundings because something may be causing you to stay away from God.

6. Corrie Lamprecht profile image75
    Corrie Lamprechtposted 6 years ago

Yes, I had a few occasions in my life where I had repeatedly the same dream.  Sometimes short periods, some over very long periods.

7. brittanytodd profile image94
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

This is an interesting question because I had a similar experience.  I had dreams for months (every night) about eels.  And usually, the eels were on dry ground and I would have to step on top of them to move.  I did some research and the eels (which are a big fear of mine) were somewhat symbolic of obstacles in my life.  I was afraid of doing what I wanted because of uncontrollable circumstances.  So, I concluded that I was afraid of the future and I needed to move forward despite all of the things I was afraid of.  After I came to this conclusion, my dreams stopped.

I don't know if this is similar to your story, but I hope it gives some insight.

8. profile image49
    ganajahposted 6 years ago

As I've posted on another members post. The snake could have different symbolism but in this case it has something to do with pent up feelings (supressed emotions or feelings) that you've kept hidden. The fact that it's a church could have something to do with spiritual enlightenment, you might be seeking enlightenment and currently debating or questioning your life's path. When you see the alter in your dream it could mean that you need to "alter" some behaviors, attitude or aspects of your life. It could mean you're in the middle of a big decision in regards to your spirituality. You want to make that step but you either have some feelings or past mistakes that are holding you back from taking the next step, perhaps guilt or anger. Either way, it has to be dealt with before you could move forward.

Hope it helps.  Good luck!

working